Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New radiator needed
by Mrmoz Today at 4:26 am

» New Silver Wing rider from Poland
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:01 pm

» windshields--maxi scooters
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 9:28 pm

» The garage is getting crowded
by EvilTwin Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:03 pm

» Issues with DrPulley purchase.
by cotetoi Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:41 pm

» Sat-Nav mount
by Dale N. Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:56 pm

» New member here
by Thebreen Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 pm

» UK items for sale
by limpinggeoff Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:47 am

» Black scooter with scratches and swirls
by Scootypuff Snr Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:11 am

» HELP SILVERWING DOWN
by cello33 Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Dr. Pulley sliders - which ones do I have?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wolfgh5
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-07-30

PostSubject: Dr. Pulley sliders - which ones do I have?   Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:14 am

Hello,

Recently acquired 2003 Silverwing with 19,900 miles.  A glance through the maintenance records shows Dr. Pulley sliders were installed in late 2015 with belt change around 16k miles.  However, the weight of the sliders is not recorded in records, so I don't know what's in there.  I have lost contact information for the seller and cannot contact him.

Without disassembling the variator, is there any easy way to figure out the weight of the sliders contained therein?  Can we "approximate" based on full throttle RPM's?

The scooter seems to have pretty strong acceleration.  However, when giving full throttle after allowing the clutches to engage, the engine climbs to 5100-5200 rpm and stays planted there throughout the speed range until above 55-60 mph, at which time the RPM's finally climb further with higher speed.

I would think more aggressive Dr. Pulley sliders (say 24 gr) would allow the engine to climb further into the high-RPM power band than 5100-5200 RPM.  Perhaps I have less-aggressive sliders in there (26 or 28 gr), keeping full-throttle RPM's a bit lower.

No top-speed test runs and "cruise RPM" runs have yet been performed.

Any input based on WOT RPM observations is appreciated.  Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2860
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pulley sliders - which ones do I have?   Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am

Since most of the members here are 'mature', regretably our psychic powers aren't what the once were. So you're just going to have to disassemble the variator and weigh the sliders or rollers. There are no markings on the sliders or rollers.

Tim

PS: It is considered forum courtesy to first post an introduction in the, um, Introduction section.
Back to top Go down
RarestRX
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2018-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Pulley sliders - which ones do I have?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:21 pm

wolfgh5 wrote:
Hello,

Recently acquired 2003 Silverwing with 19,900 miles.  A glance through the maintenance records shows Dr. Pulley sliders were installed in late 2015 with belt change around 16k miles.  However, the weight of the sliders is not recorded in records, so I don't know what's in there.  I have lost contact information for the seller and cannot contact him.

Without disassembling the variator, is there any easy way to figure out the weight of the sliders contained therein?  Can we "approximate" based on full throttle RPM's?

The scooter seems to have pretty strong acceleration.  However, when giving full throttle after allowing the clutches to engage, the engine climbs to 5100-5200 rpm and stays planted there throughout the speed range until above 55-60 mph, at which time the RPM's finally climb further with higher speed.

I would think more aggressive Dr. Pulley sliders (say 24 gr) would allow the engine to climb further into the high-RPM power band than 5100-5200 RPM.  Perhaps I have less-aggressive sliders in there (26 or 28 gr), keeping full-throttle RPM's a bit lower.

No top-speed test runs and "cruise RPM" runs have yet been performed.

Any input based on WOT RPM observations is appreciated.  Thank you!

I put 24gr sliders into my Silverwing.

It'll peg right at that exact RPM range (5100-5200).

Don't know if yours are 24gr, but I hear those are a popular choice.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down

Dr. Pulley sliders - which ones do I have?
Page 1 of 1