Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:11 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Norfolk, VA!

Go down 
+9
Tn Traveler
cotetoi
Briorick
Freddie_I
Osprey
Cosmic_Jumper
Dale N.
Mighty Mouse
sc00ter
13 posters
AuthorMessage
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2018-07-16

Hello from Norfolk, VA! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 11:54 pm

After doing a bunch of homework my wife purchased a new to us 2007 Silver Wing. 23,000 miles, overall clean/nice condition. Needs a fork seal replaced (doing both), front tire and a few small dumb things. Has a Clearview windshield (and OEM included), rad mechanical cruise control and a Corbin seat w/back rest. Also a GIVI trunk I dont care for. Doing all the maintenance work myself. Has service records for all service's up to 20,000 miles. Paid $2700. Now for the fun part. Motor Trike kit! Gonna order it next week. The wife is gonna wait until she gets some miles on it before deciding if she wants the offset fork tree kit. She has trike experience on both a trike and Can-Am Spyder, and will pound the miles on the Motor Trike conversion! We have years of combined scooter knowledge and hope to contribute something useful to the site. I have a Burgman 200 (the run-about) and a cherry 98 Yamaha Zuma (my baby!). So anyways, thanks for having us!
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 3:20 am

Welcome Sc00ter!
Keep us updated as you go along with the conversion. Always good to hear things from somebody new with experience!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 am

Welcome Sc00ter to the best SWing site on the net. I have an 08 SWing that I had converted to a trike over the winter with a Motor Trike GT3 kit. It's really nice and I like it a lot. I had the 4.5 degree rake kit put on during the conversion. It handles great. The rake kit was recommended to me while I was considering doing the trike kit.

Hello from Norfolk, VA! Coborn15
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 am

Hello Sc00ter. Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your introduction.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Welcome Sc00ter!
Back to top Go down
Freddie_I
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Freddie_I

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2016-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Welcome to a scootin twosome!
You'll like it here.
Back to top Go down
Briorick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Briorick

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2018-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Welcome sc00ter........... sounds as though your wife got a steal of a deal. And the upgrades are sure sweet too. Especially the rad mechanical cruise control. That does sound "rad". Makes those long rides more enjoyable on the wrist. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, scOOter. You can't go wrong hanging out here with us. Sounds like you and your wife both are already quite experienced with scooters and trikes.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
Tn Traveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 10:11 am

A warm WELCOME from NO. East Tennessee.
(Land of Davy Crockett & 17th Pres. Andrew Johnson)
Keep us informed of your rides 'cause we want
to be envious of all your rides.

__
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 am

Just put in a $300 parts order, getting the lift cleaned off and gonna pull the forks off this weekend. She's gonna order the Motor Trike kit on Friday, I think it has a 3-4 week turn around while its being "custom" made. She is excited, not only for the trike kit but also the fact that she knows the scooter half is a tank! Now off to the local Honda dealership and get a service manual. I'm old school, I like paper manuals. I need to learn how to post pictures.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Norfolk, VA! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

sc00ter wrote:
I need to learn how to post pictures.

welcome      welcome      welcome

If you go to the forum page and click on "Tips on using this site", there should be directions for posting pictures.

Also that top box you and I don't like sure does come in handy.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 6:46 pm

Welcome aboard.  I'm across the river from you over in P'town.  Been riding the Swing for about a year and also have a Spyder RT in the garage as well.   Sounds like you have a nice setup for working on the bikes.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Greysilver

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Welcome to the site from Arizona.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Good times ahead, Sc00ter!
Back to top Go down
sc00ter
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 8:13 pm

EvilTwin, if your'e ever out my way, your welcome over to see what a tore apart Swing looks like! Side note: I saw the Evil Twin tour last night with Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson. I'm starting to clean out the garage and get this beast on the lift. I already filled the recycle can with cardboard and scrap metal. Wife paid for the Motor Trike kit (will post the total when I find her receipt), got it registered ($223), parts (still not done) and motivation to start this project (priceless). Let the fun begin!
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 7:21 am

sc00ter wrote:
EvilTwin, if your'e ever out my way, your welcome over to see what a tore apart Swing looks like! Side note: I saw the Evil Twin tour last night with Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson.  I'm starting to clean out the garage and get this beast on the lift. I already filled the recycle can with cardboard and scrap metal. Wife paid for the Motor Trike kit (will post the total when I find her receipt), got it registered ($223), parts (still not done) and motivation to start this project (priceless). Let the fun begin!

I might take you up on that.  Shoot me a PM.   One of the things I would like to get is a bike lift, but I have no room in the garage for one with both bikes parked.  Maybe if I get another small shed in the back yard, then I'd be in business.

Hello from Norfolk, VA! Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 am

EvilTwin, at least I'm glad that it's not just my garage that looks like a mess. Mine looks just like yours but with different stuff in it. Like my son says, "It's exactly the same, only different".
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 9:09 am

Dale N. wrote:
EvilTwin, at least I'm glad that it's not just my garage that looks like a mess. Mine looks just like yours but with different stuff in it. Like my son says, "It's exactly the same, only different".

It's a little neater than this now. I moved some stuff around a few weeks ago and now its just the bikes at the end with some stuff in the middle. But it never gets below a certain level of messy, as much as I go about occasionally cleaning and putting stuff away.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 11:31 am

I did a little cleaning in mine a week or so ago but it still looks like a mess. But it is a neat mess... LOL

What's the old saying? The only reason to get a bigger house it to store more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Norfolk, VA!   Hello from Norfolk, VA! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Norfolk, VA!
Page 1 of 1