Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Yesterday at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur

Go down 
+12
sonuvabug
cotetoi
pgnz
Meldrew
Mighty Mouse
Dale N.
Osprey
"Hi Yo"
Scootypuff Snr
oldwingguy
Cosmic_Jumper
robbo
16 posters
AuthorMessage
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2018-06-17

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur Empty
PostSubject: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Great forum, and time to say hello. Been riding bikes for near 40 years now, and current rides are...
BMW 1150gs ADV which I bought new in 2004 and have cover 160,000kms
1994 FJ1200ABS, which is torque-tastic
2 x XT600 Teneres.
1 x Yamaha 250 Majesty
1 x 2013 600 Silver Wing

Having ridden bikes for years, never considered a scooter. Then, got talking to a guy who was looking to sell his Yamaha 250 Majesty which he'd had for years and mainly used 2 or 3 times a year on the back of his campervan. So, I bought it, loved it, but was a little small for my 120kg 190m frame, or 250lbs/6'3"
The Silver wing was a revelation.Bigger, comfier, and much better handling than the Yamaha. So I've been commuting on it last couple of weeks, on my daily 100km round trip, and it's perfect. So today, took the wife on the back up over the Col d'Allos, then back over the Col de la Bonnette which is the highest paved road in Europe at over 2800m. All in all, we did 350kms in 7 hours, which considering the terrain isn't half bad. I'm hooked :-)

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur 7Tq7MwBM1b9rRo9J9

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur Rg4SLRqmQfPEQe9RA
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Not sure if this'll work? Tried embedding photos direct from Google. No go

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H1jHy16EzPKLRcKt6
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 2:42 pm

Oh, and more info on the scooter. July 2013 model, 25,000kms, extras include winter leg cover (tablier in French), heated handlebar grips, winter hand muffs, auxiliary lights fitted to the front of the bike, Shad topbox with built in LED brake lights.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello Robbo. Welcome to the forum. Nice introduction and nice photos. Some of them might qualify for a forum photo. You can create your own personal photo album in the, umm, Album section (blue tool bar). But maybe you'll need to have a few more posts before the forum allows you to do that.

BTW if you find that, at 6'3" you're a bit cramped for legroom that butt stop can be pushed back a bit more (hex bolts under the seat), removed entirely, or raised up on DIY brackets to give more legroom as well as lumbar support.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Tim
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Hello from o-HI-o robbo, like the rest of us enjoying the S'Winging ride.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 4:46 pm

robbo
welcome to the forum and can i just second nice photos/ tide report. Glad to hear your liking the Silverwing which when I solo tour France is my ride of choice.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 5:43 pm

welcome welcome welcome

Nice photos!!!
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Glad to have you here. Great photos. Do start an album when you can. Beautiful country you've been touring!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 11:30 pm

Welcome Robbo! Just curious. What kind of sandwich is that? Looks good.
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello Robbo. Welcome to the forum. Nice introduction and nice photos. Some of them might qualify for a forum photo. You can create your own personal photo album in the, umm, Album section (blue tool bar). But maybe you'll need to have a few more posts before the forum allows you to do that.

BTW if you find that, at 6'3" you're a bit cramped for legroom that butt stop can be pushed back a bit more (hex bolts under the seat), removed entirely, or raised up on DIY brackets to give more legroom as well as lumbar support.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Tim

Thanks TIM, I'll have a look at the backrest, as I do feel another inch or so back would make all the difference. Will let you know how I get on.
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 am

Dale N. wrote:

Hey Dale, that sandwich was made up of Jambon Cru (smoked mountain ham typical in the region), tangy goats cheese and some Roquefort blue cheese. It was lovely Razz
Back to top Go down
Mighty Mouse
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Mighty Mouse

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2017-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 2:46 am

What magic is this...side by side headlamps? Is this the Swing?

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur UWZkOnz
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:00 am

Mighty Mouse wrote:
What magic is this...side by side headlamps? Is this the Swing?

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur UWZkOnz

Funny you should say that as I've noticed the UK models, and assume now the USA models don't have that? The last evolution in Europe has the double lights, from 2010/2011 onwards....

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur Scoot_10
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 3:37 am

Hi Robbo, sadly only mainland Europe got the facelifted SW-T 600 Silver Wing, l saw my first one in Innsbruck in Austria in 2009 and was naive enough back then to think Honda UK would bring them and I'd maybe get one when I ordered my new Silver Wing in September 2010.

Apart from side by side headlights instead of the stacked ones we all have, yours has black fork legs and cast wheels, and repositioned indicators. The instruments are different and the rear end is curvier with different lights and indicators. In some countries like Italy a 400 version was available too.
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 4:35 am

Hi Meldrew, my SW is a 2009, 600GT,same as Robo's, with a T-switch purchased here in NZ last February with 3000 K's on the clock, It too has twin headlights and the revised instrument cluster and computer fuel read out etc. The rear end treatment is also different and looks a little less "bulky", if I may say so. The bug bear is that it does not have the cigarette lighter/power socket that my previous older model had. It was a second hand import ex Japan and I am ecstatic about it compared to the previous older model. The down side is that I have been unable to source an aftermarket Givi screen for it !!. Apart from the very different body work and lights Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur 20180210
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur 20180411
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur 20180410
I think all the mechanicals are identical to the original 600.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 6:07 am

G'day mate, or is it just Aussies that say that.  Looking on the Givi UK website, there's two screens for your version of the Silver Wing. The usual taller by 18cm/7" DT 318 T and the AF 218 Airflow.

A lot of Italian motorcycle accessories stores also sell their stuff on eBay sites, although I've no idea the cost of shipping and importing gear to the land of the long white cloud.
Back to top Go down
pgnz
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
pgnz

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2017-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 am

Hi again Meldrew, Kiwi's just say G'day ! The mate's an Ausie thing !! Thanks for the heads up about the UK Givi site, never thought to look there, although I did look at a couple of NL and French sites but could not make head or tails out of them. I have found the standard screen as fitted to this bike to be measurably better than the original on my earlier model, but I do miss the hand extensions on the Givi aftermarket one I purchased from Italy for that bike. Now armed with the numbers I will try again. -- By the way, shipping from Italy was not that expensive at all, a lot less than stuff from the States. Another thing, I do get much better gas mileage from this bike then the older model, by about 20% ?? (current reading from dash is 24.1 kilometer per litre)
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 am

Bonjour, robbo and bienvenue on this forum. Your pictures are tasty as I imagine your sandwich was. I am already looking forward to more !
pgnz, I can't help but see that the Silverwing morphed into the Forza! I don't know if anybody sees it that way, but the pics of the later models of the Silverwing remind me of the Forza.

Jay.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 am

Welcome aboard the board Robbo. Lovely terrain you rode in ... thanks for posting up the pics.
Back to top Go down
robbo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 am

Meldrew wrote:
Hi Robbo, sadly only mainland Europe got the facelifted SW-T 600 Silver Wing, l saw my first one in Innsbruck in Austria in 2009 and was naive enough back then to think Honda UK would bring them and I'd maybe get one when I ordered my new Silver Wing in September 2010.

Apart from side by side headlights instead of the stacked ones we all have, yours has black fork legs and cast wheels, and repositioned indicators. The instruments are different and the rear end is curvier with different lights and indicators. In some countries like Italy a 400 version was available too.

Yeah they have the 400 here in France too, it's physically identical to the 600, and more popular as the insurance is way cheaper in France, though I pay 300Euros a year for all the options fully comp. The advantages of being 55 with a clean insurance record for many, many years
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Dale N. wrote:

Leave it to Dale to be more interested in the food than the ride. Me thinks he spends too much time with Harley riders. Laughing

Tho, that sandwich did look good and sounded even better. Glad it's lunch time.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Welcome, "robbo", from the central U.S.... Kansas !! Beautiful pictures you took on your trip. Not unlike our Rocky Mountains. Can't agree with Dale though... that sandwich just doesn't thrill me like it does him... Smile Neutral Anyway, lots of great advice already given here and much more info to be gleaned for your use. Welcome again.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 8:58 pm

Welcome. Nice pics. Send more any time.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Who knew? I thought all SW where the same. I like the EURO model. Dual headlights and rear looks better.... Learn something new everyday good bad or crap. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Gramps
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 4:28 am

Good to hear from other silverwing riders. I have just traded my CBF1000 for an 09 silverwing to gain the benefit of being able to move my feet to different positions when riding, rather than keeping them on foot pegs. Not having to change gears all the time is an excellent idea. The only downside is the butt stop which becomes really annoying after a while, so have removed it pending a conversion to a backrest. Otherwise no regrets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur   Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonjour hullo from the Cote d'Azur
Page 1 of 1