Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 7:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 6:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 12:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:29 pm

» peace, love and life
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

recent trip to canada

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

recent trip to canada Empty
PostSubject: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Just got back from trip to Ontario----took car---my third or so attempt at car trip in the past 20-25 years or so....and maybe my last car trip, they just equal no fun!! Think I will continue on bikes/scooters into my 80's.

Weather terrible, used heater/AC/ open windows. Bugs were out.

Pavement conditions in both US and Canada=not very good, although yesterday Pulaski VA to I-40 near Knoxville TN road was very smooth for a change.

Lots of bikes out---mostly Harleys(even in rain!) saw 2 big scooters, about 10 50cc including one electric.....trailer bikers out there, including trikes on trailers....my take, why have this stuff and do not ride it?

Adventure riders appeared to be having their "adventure on the Interstate"

New Car ---Mitsuibishi Mirage---I am happy with, will be nice garage decoration for use in real emergency. Get this about 52 MPG US for entire trip, Electric Power Steering not a plus.

Drivers in Canada very good. US the further south you get the worse they are---rude, do not use blinkers, on phone or text. Bathrooms in Canada are clean, US the further south you get the dirtier they are.

Food I prefer McDonalds---not good taste, but you do not get runs. Think I will go back to carrying MRE's, and eat at rest stops.

Sure saw lots of fat people in US.

Want to take at least 2 more long bike trips this year--Hyder AK and probably James Bay Road---ideal camping and 200-250 miles a day----getting tired of dirty motels, but most motels in Canada are still the kind you can park right in front of the door which is great.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 8:31 pm

I am glad you liked Canada....it sounds like you wouldn't mind moving there? It also sounds like you do not like the South!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 pm

trailer bikers out there, including trikes on trailers....my take, why have this stuff and do not ride it?

Why is EZ we trailered a couple time because were were staying three months in the same place, had our goods inside the tow vehicle and secure, two drivers 1 vehicle on the road.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 11:15 pm

I really do not like the south and the lower standards, whether it is crappy building standards, bad food, bad drivers, etc and too hot in summer or panic when it snows....brine on roadways, not good for 2 wheelers.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Wait a minute. If you ride combat and eat MRE's enroute, do you wear a regimental tam as well? Why this might be one of the missing episodes of Faulty Towers; the one where Major Gowen recalls his exploits defending the crown against the onslaught of 'those filthy buggers'...
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2018 8:25 pm

No.....but I did serve 20 active years in the Air Force and another 30 years or so as Army Civilian.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 am

John, glad you had a safe trip! You sure get around whether on two wheels or 4!!! I am in Ely Nevada for the summer and my Silver Wing did not make the cut. It is home in Arizona. Brought the Kawasaki side by side this time, having fun so far!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recent trip to canada   recent trip to canada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recent trip to canada
Page 1 of 1