Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just might be the best buck spent.

Go down 
+7
john grinsel
Scootypuff Snr
Meldrew
Mike from NS
GHM-PM
Pastor Ron
oldwingguy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Just  might be the  best buck spent. Empty
PostSubject: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 4:44 pm

I just finished a nice 75 mile ride from 4 lanes to bumpy country roads, the Airhawk preformed as advertised, buttski feels just fine I'm happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 5:32 pm

I am glad you too like it....it should bring you miles of smiles
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 8:50 am

I agree, I purchased one a short time ago and it does help!!!
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 7:16 am

What size Airhawk suits the Silverwing? Did any of you get one for the passenger seat as well? A happy passenger brings a happy ride !!

Mike
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 7:23 am

I bought the small, thought this won't work, butt it does Smile Wife stopped riding when we still had the G Wing, lower back fused L 1 thru 4 Sad
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 8:06 am

I bought the Medium and it works fine. I don't worry about the passenger as she won't ride on it anyway. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pastor Ron
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm

My wife had the pillion, but, switched to the medium cruiser....it is a little large for the back seat, but, it does not matter when it comes to comfort.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm

I beg to differ as we say over here. I have the Airhawk Cruiser Medium, and once the novelty wore off during my Burgman 400 days, I realised it was just another piece of kit that I thought I needed to have, then quickly realised I didn't. It was more useful when I had an over tall Biondi and built up the cushion to look over it rather than cut down the screen

I didn't have the Airhawk under my porcelain white and cutely dimpled butt cheeks on that long day ride yesterday and I didn't suffer at all.

So it's in my garage in the Airhawk box, in a brand new cover, and I have a spare new cover and a set of straps for it. A testimony to an old mans farkling whims. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I beg to differ as we say over here. I have the Airhawk Cruiser Medium, and once the novelty wore off during my Burgman 400 days, I realised it was just another piece of kit that I thought I needed to have, then quickly realised I didn't. It was more useful when I had an over tall Biondi and built up the cushion to look over it rather than cut down the screen

I didn't have the Airhawk under my porcelain white and cutely dimpled butt cheeks on that long day ride yesterday and I didn't suffer at all.

So it's in my garage in the Airhawk box, in a brand new cover, and I have a spare new cover and a set of straps for it. A testimony to an old mans farkling whims. Neutral

so your open to offers so another old man can suppress a whim
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 3:27 pm

My take....after lots of miles.....get your butt in shape. I thought SilverWing seat fine, as well as Burgman 400. My current CB300F has hard, very basic seat, 10,000 miles since late Oct.=it works fine.

Secret for me is : Long distance/long hours ride simply get off the bike every 50 miles or one hour. Give the old body a break...wakes you up,too. And No underwear in summer. Winter loose fit Long Underwear is ok.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Aw jeez. You're not going to resurrect the topic of your crass predilection for riding combat again, are you now Mr Grinsel?
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

I use Bead Rider Deluxe. Looks painful but works great. Prevents hot spots and gives some airflow so no sticky shorts.
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:08 pm

No problem for Mr. Grinsel. He will be sure to have his leather chaps on...much needed for riding combat. Whew! I thought we were gong to slip into an R rating for this post. Saved by the chaps. But be careful getting off every 50 miles to rest. Be sure to back away from everyone at the rest stop.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Only Idiots wear chaps on bikes/scooters. Hot weather I wear jeans----wet/cold Darien pants with long underwear, no jeans. Getting off every 50 miles or one hours works for me....but I have only ridden over 1.5 million miles....and still ride at least 30,000 miles a year.....Chattanooga is very boring place, with bad food, I like, need to get away as much as I can.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Not everyone has an iron butt. Either I need gas or food that's about all I'll stop for unless sight seeing.
Sometimes need to take a leak.  

Chaps those are for HD types. Black leather fits in with the rest of uniform. Coat, vest and boots.
Helmet-- We don't need no stinking  helmets. It blocks my vision and I can't hear my loud pipes.

Ride on
Back to top Go down
bikehiker
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
bikehiker

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2017-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Yup. Chaps don't go well with my flip flops.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

I have a Corbin on my Silverwing. It seems to work really well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just might be the best buck spent.   Just  might be the  best buck spent. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just might be the best buck spent.
Page 1 of 1