Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another 50 degree ride today.

Go down 
+4
oldwingguy
The Bern
carolina wing rider
Dale N.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Another 50 degree ride today. Empty
PostSubject: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi All,

Well I took the SWing Trike out for a couple of rides today. That makes rides 3 and 4.

I rode around town for a bit again then took her out on the highway for a spin. She handled great ! I got her up to 75 according to the speedo, which was actually about 70 mph. It handled great with no problems. I went a couple of miles on the 4 lane then got off on a 2 lane and rode for another 10-15 miles at an average of 60 mph before coming home. It was a bit nippy but one heck of a lot of fun. I also noticed that it has more braking power now too. Might be because of the two wheels on the back instead of just one but is sure slows down nicely.

I also rode it to supper tonight which was just in town. Another short but fun ride. I can't wait for the real warm weather to get here so I can ride more than a few miles. I don't have any heated garments but my lined leather jacket, long johns under my pants were good enough for now. Light gloves worked too and kept my hands warm.

I'm not sure if it's just me or whether other trike riders do this or not. But I have the tendency of leaning my body into a corner when turning at an intersection. Maybe just so I don't fall off. Ya! That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

chickendance
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

PostSubject: 50 degree ride   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Dale I'm really glad to hear you are enjoying your new trike. You have patiently waited a long time to enjoy it. Warmer weather will be here soon.
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 4:51 am

4" of snow here today, temperature -3 C, corrected to by 'wind chill factor' -10C more like mid Winter Dancing Santa than mid Spring :flower:
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 7:05 am

No ride here Sad unless you like freezing rain Sad even after after it cleared up it only reached 46 deg. F.
Back to top Go down
ItBeMe
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2017-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 8:42 am

Dale your really going to love that Trike. At first you will lean but later on that will wear off.

Oh by the way, what are long Johns. LOL
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 11:48 pm

ItBeMe wrote:
Dale your really going to love that Trike. At first you will lean but later on that will wear off.

Long Johns are really tall toilets...
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 am

[/quote]

Long Johns are really tall toilets...[/quote]

ROFLMSAOACGU that's better than any other daffynition I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 am

Back in the day red flannels were my (Superman) super hero suit. Of course there were (wooden) phone booths on corners then too. 

Now there's a blue Tardis at every construction site.

Tim
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Dale N. wrote:
Hi All,

Well I took the SWing Trike out for a couple of rides today. That makes rides 3 and 4.

I rode around town for a bit again then took her out on the highway for a spin. She handled great ! I got her up to 75 according to the speedo, which was actually about 70 mph. It handled great with no problems. I went a couple of miles on the 4 lane then got off on a 2 lane and rode for another 10-15 miles at an average of 60 mph before coming home. It was a bit nippy but one heck of a lot of fun. I also noticed that it has more braking power now too. Might be because of the two wheels on the back instead of just one but is sure slows down nicely.

I also rode it to supper tonight which was just in town. Another short but fun ride. I can't wait for the real warm weather to get here so I can ride more than a few miles. I don't have any heated garments but my lined leather jacket, long johns under my pants were good enough for now. Light gloves worked too and kept my hands warm.

I'm not sure if it's just me or whether other trike riders do this or not. But I have the tendency of leaning my body into a corner when turning at an intersection. Maybe just so I don't fall off. Ya! That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

chickendance

My trike is a Can Am Spyder. Trikes dont lean, at least not too much. One of the first things you learn is that you have to lean your body into the direction you are turning to offset the force that wants you to go the other way.  It messes most two wheel riders up till they get used to it.  Of course the flip side is that you are never going to drop the bike.  

Just curious though, how different the steering from before?  You're turning one wheel that is still set up for motorcycle geometry, where the can am turns two that are essentially like the front end of a car.

I did some riding this past weekend and today after work. Weekend was the Spyder, today I took out the little PCX 150 since it hadn't been out in months and was looking a bit sad. Quite a difference between a bike that weighs in around 900 lbs and one that hits the scales around 250. Felt like a toy in comparison. Swing is out in the back shed so it was just too much to pull it out.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Winter is hanging on here in NE. More snow coming MAYBE. Last one big predictions here in my local area BS got very little snow. Some did but its not warming up yet 10 deg below average.

UK is getting our leftovers low pressure storms and cold. SOON it will warm up.

Some trees are budding can't fool mother nature.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another 50 degree ride today.   Another 50 degree ride today. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another 50 degree ride today.
Page 1 of 1