Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com !!!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» No ride but an interesting day never the less. The flying brush hog
by "Hi Yo" Today at 2:48 pm

» Jakes Toys
by "Hi Yo" Today at 2:37 pm

» Drive belt
by john grinsel Today at 1:18 pm

» ABS Transplant and restoration.
by Cosmic_Jumper Today at 11:02 am

» Sat-Nav mount
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by Dale N. Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Left over Burgman 400 service manual
by john grinsel Yesterday at 11:00 am

» 2009 Silverwing 600 issue when driving
by Murf Yesterday at 10:11 am

» Engine drain bolt
by oldwingguy Yesterday at 6:52 am

» front fork lower 600t v 600d
by Flyingpanman Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Air Hawk R seat pad update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
2wheelgal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-08-20

PostSubject: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:52 pm

I rode 240 miles today with the Air Hawk seat pad, just one word to describe how it worked.  Awesome!!! I almost felt like I wasn't even touching the seat!  Worth every penny!!

I didn't have the Air Hawk attached to the seat, just put it on a took a ride.  It didn't move around like I thought it would without it being strapped to the seat in some way.

Every year, I visit every state park in South Carolina, there are 43 parks in all, scattered around the state.  Each state park has a stamp specific to that park and a place on that park's page in the State Park book. The parks are nice destinations, I usually picnic at one of them, and just a real pleasant place to take a little break. Most all of the state parks in SC have a body of water within/around the park.  Today's ride included 4 of the state parks, Chester State Park, Wateree State Park, Dreher Island State park, and Greenwood state park, with a couple side trips          in-between.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:23 am

Three thumbs up, Smile it's going to reach 70+ deg. here tomorrow so the " neglected " may get a shakedown run. I found a site that has large Airhawks for $ 107.00 with free shipping.
Back to top Go down
2wheelgal
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:28 am

oldwingguy, I hope your "neglected" gets out for a nice ride tomorrow! Having lived the majority of my life in the NW corner of Ohio, I know how special it is to have a warm day in February! Enjoy and be safe if you get out and take a ride!
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 pm

I have a "Tourtecs" air cushion which was £52 when I bought it on eBay UK in 2016. Just looked and they are now selling around £70 !

It's almost identical to the Air Hawk but was cheaper in 2016. It straps easily to the seat with hooks and Velcro. I don't know the cost of the Air Hawk now.

I've had it on my Wing since 2016 and it gives me that little bit of extra height and comfort that I need along with my raised back rest.
Back to top Go down
Flyingpanman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2016-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Flyingpanman wrote:
I have a "Tourtecs" air cushion which was £52 when I bought it on eBay UK in 2016. Just looked and they are now selling around £70 !

It's almost identical to the Air Hawk but was cheaper in 2016. It straps easily to the seat with hooks and Velcro. I don't know the cost of the Air Hawk now.

I've just looked on eBay and the Air Hawk is selling around £120 in the UK, so the Tourtec cushion is still a substantial saving at around £70.

Tourtec seem to be based in Germany, so I don't know how much any US members would save after various duties/post are paid.
Back to top Go down
Leena Hallasmaa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:38 am

[/quote]
Tourtec seem to be based in Germany, so I don't know how much any US members would save after various duties/post are paid.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I'm just a about to order a Touratec gel cushion. There are two options and send a question to find out more about them. Option Option A seems nice, but you have to use a rain cover on it  and Option B which upper material is neoprene.

The price is affordable and even cheaper than the similar one sold by Louis in Germany.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 pm

My Hawk landed today, aired it up sat on it let some out it felt better but I'll have to give it a road test to be sure. If I go out tomorrow it would probably be more of a flotation device rather than a cushion Sad
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2939
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 am

You hardly air it up, just a few breaths to ensure there's a very thin cushion of air preventing contact between your butt and the seat.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: Air Hawk R seat pad update   Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:39 am

Meldrew thanks as I've heard that seems to be the secret to the comfort, no beach ball inflation needed.
Back to top Go down

Air Hawk R seat pad update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Silver Wing Topics-
Jump to: