Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

A small token of appreciation

Go down 
+3
Mike from NS
Meldrew
carolina wing rider
7 posters
AuthorMessage
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2018-01-22

A small token of appreciation Empty
PostSubject: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Folks there are some amazing people on this site. Some of you have a "Wealth Of Knowledge" and you offer your experience and advice for NOTHING....just out of the goodness of your hearts. If you read something that helps you, something you like, or just something that makes you laugh take just a moment to thank them. Look to the right side of their comment and you will see a small +plus sign. Simply click on this and the person will receive a "Thanks". They deserve this and it is such a small thing to do. Thank all of you for your knowledge and willingness to share. Ride Often!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 6:00 pm

It's only a couple of days ago that you yourself were asking how the Thanks function worked. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mike from NS
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Mike from NS

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Always wondered what the + was for. Now I know. Thanks cwr ! I did click on the + by your thread starter.
Back to top Go down
willajabir
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 6:38 pm

I clicked the + and it showed negative. I've PM'd Cosmic_Jumper to see if it can be corrected.
Using a non standard browser and I'm assuming that is the cause.....
Anywho, just letting you know.
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Thanks function   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Meldrew wrote:
It's only a couple of days ago that you yourself were asking how the Thanks function worked.  scratch
You are correct...I think those folks out there that are actually HELPFUL deserve a thanks.........don't you?
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 pm

I never really knew what that thing was for. I'll use it in the future.

Last edited by exavid on Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 pm

That obviously explains that in my 70 or some odd posts since joining, I've got a couple of "Non-Thanks". I was too chicken to ask how that got there, probably gave them to myself in playing around earlier, at least hopefully so. Thanks, I had no idea. Meldrew, you rock.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 1:49 am

carolina wing rider wrote:
Meldrew wrote:
It's only a couple of days ago that you yourself were asking how the Thanks function worked.  scratch
    You are correct...I think those folks out there that are actually HELPFUL deserve a thanks.........don't you?

It's not really something that I attatch any importance to. It has a certain novelty value in that you can vote + or - to a post has pleased you or irritated you and I've used both. It's no different to using an Emoticon.

If you do think a tip or info has been helpful or saved you money, rather than that anonymous + (or -), why not say so on the open forum. I'm sure the OP would appreciate it more.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Isn't it amusing that the little used Thanks facility has now gone into overdrive since certain members found out how to use it. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Bern
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Bern

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2014-11-20

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Isn't it amusing that the little used Thanks facility has now gone into overdrive since certain members found out how to use it.  Smile

Yep, sure is bud. I get loads of red lines these days, do I give a flying one ? Nah, just goes to show the lack of mental agilty of some members Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
carolina wing rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Token   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Thank you for the multiple replies to the Thanks post. I think most of us look at this as a good thing and are willing to participate but no matter what the subject is there is always a handful that get excited and or irritated and to you let me offer my sincerest regrets. You know who you are and I bet most members do too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A small token of appreciation   A small token of appreciation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A small token of appreciation
Page 1 of 1