Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Riding and new bike

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Riding and new bike Empty
PostSubject: Riding and new bike   Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 1:36 am

One of the reasons for trading my SilverWing was I was tired of the weight/balance and second it had 50,000 miles and in my book time to trade. So new Honda CB300F, Hepco & Becker C-bow bags and rear luggage rack---$40 Bestem box----I ride all weather, just got back from 2400 mile,10 state ride. Bike works well.....no buffeting!! Puig windshields...yes 2 in tandem and I may add their clip on spoiler. Thought I would be riding in warm weather---got fooled, 35 degrees F in Savannah GA.

Had 4 or 5 days of rain/fog/cold. Made bad choice in riding clothes--Aerostich Darien jacket ok, but passes a lot of air---Did not take my usual bought in the north down jacket. 200 miles in severe rain and the Darien starts becoming soaked----funny my old Barbour Jacket would take 8 hours in severe rain before it absorbed water.

Should have worn my Darien pants with long underwear and pajama bottoms rather than jeans....but I didn't, instead jeans/long underwear and my 15 year old Joe Rocket rain pants---they work well but pain in butt to wear/pee, etc.

Feet stayed dry and warm--Tingley rubber overboots, over Aerostuch Kombat Light boots----much easier to use would have been pair of Wolverine Waterproof Wellingtons---had pair and they work...going to order another pr....saved carrying the rubber overboots and the hassle of putting them on.

Bike works fine, performance about same as SilverWing 600, riding position easier on body, Thai made Honda seems to be same as Japan----4,000 miles so far=no trouble, 68-70 MPG US being run hard.

Even in the south this time of year, you see few bikes on the road==US Riders appear to be wimps....think one of the problems most lack real winter/foul weather gear.

Ideal clothes for this trip----Aerostich one piece suit with electric liner and Wolverine boots. Glove/mitt problem I have never really solved---have/carry and use Aerostich overmitts---they add no warmth and keep hands dry for 2-3 hours. Think heated grips would be nice.

Saw plenty of trailer bikers, but not riders
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Riding and new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding and new bike   Riding and new bike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for the update, John. Sounds like the new bike is performing to your satisfaction. As to riders, yes winter tends to slow people down especially in the North country. If you want to see bikers in December, come to Arizona, loads of bikes on the road. It is not cold enough for a lot of gear and certainly not rain gear LOL. I have had some real estate transactions going so haven't been on either of my big bikes in weeks. I am hoping to rectify that soon! Ride on!
Back to top Go down

Riding and new bike
Page 1 of 1