Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

"It Was the Night Before Christmas....."

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

"It Was the Night Before Christmas....." Empty
PostSubject: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 am

An original story written by Dennis Berney 2009

It Was the Night before Christmas

"It was the night before Christmas and all through the garage...." Ben's words faded off as he looked deep into the transfixed faces of the two little motorcycles setting in front of his fireplace. Eyes as big as saucer plates stared back as he told the Christmas story. Ben could see the fire flickering in their headlights.

The fire crackled and danced and gave off a warm and soothing light to Ben's old garage. A single large candle burned low on the other side of the room on a table top.

A cheerful little Christmas tree stood in the corner of the garage all decorated for the holiday with some interesting looking and not so well wrapped Christmas presents under it.

The night was very cold and cloudy in the little valley where Ben's garage was located. The weather report was for heavy snow that night. Being the good uncle, he volunteered to watch the two small motorcycles while his friends Val and Victor finished up some last minute Christmas shopping. After all it was a job well worth doing and Ben was happy to help.

Hot cocoa with marshmallows, the drink for this evening. Ben could see the cocoa mustaches on little Gill and Joe's faces, it made him smile.

Soon came a light knock on the door of Ben's garage. Vespa...Ben was thinking. She was coming by for a visit this evening to join in on holiday games, fun and story telling.

Ben rolled over to the door and opened it to find....Vespa.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:31 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:28 am

Vespa…You are as beautiful as ever. She was carrying a plate of freshly baked spice cookies and decorated cupcakes. What a treat Ben was thinking. I just hope the kids are fast enough to get some before they disappear. HA!

Months had pasted sense Vespa’s abduction and rescue from the outlaw Harley biker gang. Ben could still see the trauma of the event on her face as she stood in the doorway holding the plate of holiday treats.

Time…will cure this; he thought to himself….understanding and love.

Ben smiled big…VESPA, YOU LOOK GREAT! What a treat…Come on in and get warm next to the fire. Would you like some coco? I just made it and the coco critics just love it. Ben looked over at Gill and Joe over by the fire.

Vespa smiled, gave Ben a huge hug and rolled over to the fire to warm her self.

Ben started to close the door when he noticed the snow was starting to fall lightly in the dim light of the open door. The air was crisp and a light breeze was blowing in from the North.

As Ben looked down his driveway he notice a dark Van had stopped momentarily at the end of his drive with the lights off then drove away suddenly.

Ben closed the door.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 am

Deciding not to mention the van and cause unnecessary worry, Ben
glanced over at Vespa who had kicked up her wheels and nestled in next to Gill and Joe. With the candles flame casting playful shadows across his face, illuminating his own marshmallow mustache, Ben resumed the story.

"It was the night before Christmas, and all through the garage,
Not a motor was humming, not even Grandma's old Dodge (which was odd because Grandma's a busy old bird), but this story is accurate—every word. From the bracket-lined walls hung the helmets, head down, to be
filled up with gifts when St. Nick made his rounds..."

Ben gave Vespa a side glance and a snicker. "You'll remember this
one, I think, even if you did hit the eggnog a little hard that night.
I know that stuff weighs ya down and knocks you out cold like your
battery's gone dead". Vespa glanced sheepishly back at Ben. "Oh, I
remember well," she chucked. "Keep on. It's just getting good." The
breeze, which had slowly begun to turn into a stiff wind howled outside of the garage door, causing it to rattle. Gill and Joe pretended to shiver, and glanced at each other, anxious to hear the story.

But just as Ben remembered where he left off, there came a rattle,
barely audible at first, but then growing louder and louder even over
the howling of the wind. Startled, the group all turned to face the
garage door and huddled together, breaths baited, waiting to see what was causing such a racket...

(c) DennisB 2009
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm

The small garage door shook violently. Ben rolled over to the door and opened it slowly only to see a huge truck radiator grill just inches from his front face.

Up at the top edge of the grill the word "MACK". At that moment a familiar looking motorcycle looked around the trucks huge right fender and said "MOE AMI.. MARRY CHRISTSMAS"

Mack and Frenchy, What a wonderful a surprise. Come in and get warm. I'll open the big door for you Mack. Hold on!

Ben opened the big door and Mack just cleared the door frame. They had to move a few pieces of furniture for Mack but he fit in just fine.

"What a great Christmas this is" said Ben.

After all the hugging and introductions to Joe and Gill. Frenchy said to Ben in a low voice "we need to talk privately, my friend".

The two rolled out to Ben's kitchen to talk.

Frenchy opened with "It's always a good day to see you my friend...but I have some bad news" Ben looked at Frenchy "Spike escaped from prison about 2 weeks ago".

"That is the second reason we have made the trip here"

Ben stood in silence for a moment "Spike escaped"….

VESPA is in DANGER!!!!

© DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Ben looked down at the floor and shook his front fairing with hearing the news of Spikes escape from prison.

Frenchy told Ben that he pulled some strings and had some friends of his in the U.S. Secret Service that owed him a turn or two, to look in on you and Vespa from time to time.

Ben told him about the black van at the end of his drive with the lights out. "YEA, That was them watching Vespa".

They don't know where Spike is but from what he has said in prison he wants revenge for what you did to him. Mack and I will do everything in our power to protect you both... with our very lives if necessary.

We will get him. This I promis you my friend.

Ben and Frenchy rolled back out into the garage. Mack nodded to Ben's approach. Ben said "I'm glad your hear my friend" in a soft voice. Mack just smiled.

Ben looked at the wall clock and noticed it was getting late. He walked over to the door and looked out. There was a good 2 inches of fresh snow on the driveway now and one more thing caught his attention. A fresh set of tire marks in the snow leading over to the side window, stopped and then left the same way. Not much more then 15 minuets old.

Could this be Spike?

He returned to the door, closed it and locked it behind him and went over to the others.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:28 pm

Ben roling to the rest of the group noticed Gill and Joe were getting a litle rambuncious playing in the fire. They were just being normal little scoots but none the less he didnt want them to scorch their paint. Getting their attention he ask them if they had any Christmas hopes as far as presents and while being successful at getting them away from the fire he was bombarded with a list of chrome, lights, and electrical gadgets that little scoots dream about. About the time the last of Vespas cookies and the cocoa were gone Ben realized that his oil was getting thick and his tires were feeling a little out of round. Well Frenchy Ben said I dont know where you and Mack are staying tonight but there is plenty of room here for everyone. Talking it over they all agread that the garage with it's warm fire place and tight doors would be just the place for the night especially the two wheelers since it was getting pretty slick. As they all put it in neutral and set their brakes for the night the soft glow and crackel of the fire soon had them dozing. Mack half asleep and feeling on guard backed up to the doors just to be safe. Little did he know that just outside?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 7:17 pm

As everyone said good night and settled in for the night, Ben was glad he was able to talk Vespa into spending the night. The roads were getting bad and they had plenty of food, firewood, and water. Everyone had high spirits and getting to sleep was a chore especially for those that knew about Spike being on the loose.

In the morning Ben checked his cell phone and no calls came in night which worried Ben. Val and Victor would always call if they could. They aways check on their kids.

Something is wrong. Ben could feel it. Val and Victor did not answer their cell phones. That was not normal for them.

The next morning coffee and breakfest was prepared for everyone and the conversation went to what to do next.

Mack volunteered to pull a trailer over the snow and ice covered roads so that Vespa, Ben and Frenchy could take Joe and Gill home. The trip was only a couple miles but the roads where dangerous.

The trailer was hooked up and the small group got underway.

Vespa noticed that Mack handled the snow and ice well but she felt the trailer slide a couple of times.

When the group finally arrived at Val and Victors home the front door was standing open. Vespa held Joe and Gill back. Ben and Frenchy went into the garage. The garage was a mess. A struggle took place in the home and looked like the door was standing open all night.

Val and Victor were gone. The police were called.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:18 am

Ben and Frenchy noticed that when they arrived at Val and Victor's home there was no tire tracks in the snow...that meant the that they where taken before the snow started to fall yesterday evening and Spike was probably not working alone.

Gill and Joe would be staying with Ben for the time being.

When the police left the home of Val and Victor. The case investagator said that they would do every thing in their power to find Spike and their missing friends.

After locking all the doors and windows at Val and Victors home the group boarded the trialer and was pulled back to Ben's garage.

It was a sunny afternoon and the snow covered streets were starting to clear and dry when they got to Ben's.

As they pulled into Ben's driveway they could see that the small garage door was open. They approached the garage with caution. Frenchy went in the door first and then Ben.

The interior was a shamble. The Christmas tree was thrown across the room and all of the presents were broken and tossed into fireplace and left to burn.

"A person would figure that a note would be left" Frenchy said. Ben figured he didn't need to leave one.

Ben looked at Frenchy and said "he just wanted to let me know that he knew where I lived".

Vespa took charge of the Gill and Joe. Ben and Frenchy made repairs and cleaned up the mess. Mack stood watch on the outside of the garage.

A fire was made and food was prepaired for the evening meal. After dinner Ben made a call to K and Sludge. K answered her cell phone and told Ben they were up north for the holidays and would be back in town after the new year. This was good news to Ben, Spike would not be able to get to them, Ben thought.

Evening came early....

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:15 pm

That evening, Vespa had a chance to talk with Ben and told him the children needed a change. "a change" Ben asked. "They needed to get outside and play a little. Get some exercise even go home to get some of their personal things, toys and whatever will make them feel more normal". Vespa added.

Ben agreed and plans needed to be made to accomplish these things.

That night it was decided to send Vespa and the children to their garage under the watchful eye of Mack.

Later that night Frenchy received a cellphone call from one of his contacts and was told that Spike was located and he was not alone. This was the information they wanted... but was now 3 hours old.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:04 am

The next morning Mack, Vespa, and the two children set out to Val and Victor's garage.

The morning air was cold and crisp and the last of the tree leaves were falling. The sun was just starting to rise over the mountains that surrounded the little valley they all called home.

Gill and Joe were having fun pretending to make smoke signals with the steam coming from their exhaust pipes.

The drive to Val and Victor's home went by slowly for Mack. He was almost sure that Spike was going to jump out from behind every corner they came to.

They arrived at the garage without incident except for Mack's over protective nature. It was driving Vespa crazzy.

The garage looked normal from the outside. All the doors and windows were closed as they had left them yesterday. Gill and Joe quikly rolled to the front door and waited for Vespa to unlock it. Mack stood guard on the driveway.

Vespa unlocked the door and the two small motorcycles raced through open door opening. As the two entered they called out "Mom, Dad we're home". No one answered the homecoming call. They started to cry.

Vespa comforted the two for a moment and told them to go and get the things they needed. The kids quickly went to get the things they were told to get.

Vespa noticed that interior of the garge was warm. Somone must have left the heater on overnight.

She waited for the two to return to the main garage. Minutes went by. It was very quiet.....to quiet.

Vespa rolled to the hallway and over to the kids bedroom door. It was closed. She reached for the door handel and opened the door....

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:40 am

That morning, Ben and Frenchy went to the address that was given over the phone the night earlier. The garage was located in a run-down part of town and had a for rent sign out front. The yard was unkempt.

They rolled around to the back door and found it had been kicked in. They opened the door all the way and looked in.

The windows were covered with plywood and the only light in the room was from the door they just opened. The fireplace looked like it was just used and had a pile of unopened news papers stacked next to it. "They must have used the newspapers as firewood" Ben whispered. All in all the garage was in bad shape and had a bad smell to to it. "this place smells like Spike" Frenchy wispered back.

After taking a few minuets to do a quick look around (detective work Frenchy called it) they they came across a small pad of paper and a broken pencil. As they looked at the pad of paper, Ben noticed an imprint on the top sheet. "Someone pressed down very hard" said Frenchy. Let's see what was written here. They went outside into the morning light.

Frenchy produced a small knife from one of his saddle bags and sharpend the pencil tip to expose a good deal of graphite and proceeded to lightly rub the pencil tip across the paper surface.

Two address and a time came up from the writing pads surface to ben's astonishment. "I used this technique to help track down a German spy during WWII".

"1903 Mocking Bird" and "452 Maple St. 1 PM" said Frenchy. "The first address, 1903 Mocking Bird, is Val and Victors" Ben stated.

"We need to be at the other address at 1 O'clock" said Frenchy...."Let's go my friend".

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:42 pm

- To all that's reading this story, I apologize. I've been very busy and will continue writing when I get a chance.

Thank You All. "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks, Dennis. I'm really enjoying it...and waiting breathlessly for the 1:00 appointment!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Vespa opened the door and it was like rolling into a refigerator. The children were gone, the back window was standing wide open. She went over to the window and saw scratch marks on the window frame. Just then she heard tires screeching on the next street over. It was an old flat bed truck with covered cargo on the back. She tried to climb out the window but she was to tall and fairing to wide.

Vespa quickly rolled to the garage and out the door to where Mack stood watch.

"MACK...FOLLOW ME" she yelled as she shot past him. They raced to the end of the block and turned right. They looked in every direction and saw nothing.

Gill and Joe where gone.

"They must have been waiting in the garage" Vespa yelled with tears running down her face.

Later that morning... Spike liked what he saw on the back of the truck. The tarp was thrown back and two small motorcycles looked at him with absolute terror on thier little faces. Spike liked that, and he grinned. It meant he had control over them from this point forward.

"GET OFF THE TRUCK" Spike yelled at them. The two Harleys that did the bike napping pushed Gill and Joe off the truck and they hit the ground. Gags were put in place and chains on their little wheels. "Bring them in" snaped Spike and the two Harleys obeyed.

The garage was very dark. No lights were on and the air smelled stale. It took a few moments for their eyes to adjust to the low light, but once they did they saw two familiar motorcycles gaged and chained in one of the corners.

It was thier parents, Val and Victor. Beaten and bruised almost beyond recognition. Val's eyes raised and saw her children and started to cry.

"What a touching moment" said Spike with venum in his voice. "I will get my revenge on all of you before I'm done".

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:34 am

452 Maple Street. Ben and Frenchy found the address. It was a quite tree lined street just west of town. Just a middle class neighborhood where all the lawns are mowed and garages are well kept.

"Not the kinda place Spike would hang out in" Fenchy noticed. Ben agreed. "Lets go and fill our tanks at the corner gas station and watch the street for a few minutes".

Valuable minutes went by and still they waited. Ben's cell phone rang...it was a frantic Vespa on the other end of the call. Vespa told Ben of what happened at the Val and Victors garage. "A old flat bed truck you say"...Just then a old flat bed truck followed by two Harley outlaw club memebers roared past the filling station and went up the driveway of 452 Maple. Ben and Frenchy looked at each other. "It can't be this easy" Frenchy said.

Ben gave Vespa the address of the garage and the location of the filling station where they were at. "Vespa...call the police and give them this address and HURRY".

Again....valuable minutes slipped by before the police showed up.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:01 pm

"Go out and disable the truck and get the van ready to roll" Spikes words cut through the darkness of the garage.

The back garage door facing the ally way was opened and a green work van was backed in quickly. "Let's get these four loaded and get out of here.. NOW!" Yelled Spike. The brillant noonday sun blinded the four captives and they were loaded in the back of the van. The vans doors closed behind them with a loud, matallic ban and all light was gone again.

Val and Victor tried to slide closer to their children to give them some comfort and reasurance. Gill and Joe were trembling uncontrollably with fear.

Just as the van was leaving the back ally way onto the main street, Spike could hear the sirens of the police cars in the distance getting closer.

"let's step on it we need to be up the hill by sundown" Spike barked to his crew.

And they were gone....

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 am

The police had the garage surrounded in just a few minutes and moved in. Flash-Bang grenades were thrown into the door of the garage and the SWAT team entered.

All they found was a empty garage and a dead flatbed truck in the driveway.

Crime seen detectives were sworming all over the place. Picking up empty beer bottles and dusting for tire track prints.

A few hours later the police were gone and the little garage and the neighborhood stood almost silent once again except for small groups of neighbors still standing around talking to one another.

Vespa, Mack, Frenchy and Ben stood in the front yard of the little garage.

"I think we need to do some asking around to see if anyone had seen or heard anything" Frenchy said.

"Let's split up to cover more ground. I'll go talk to the bikes that live on the other side of the ally way" said Ben.

"OK, I'll talk to the neighbors just across the street" said Frenchy.

"Vespa... can you take a look in the flat bed truck to see if anything was left behind that might give us a clue as to where the truck has been" "Gas receipt..any thing" Vespa rolled over to the truck under the watchful eyes of Mack.

Ben rolled around the block and was near the back of the garage when he was approached by a young Burgman 650.

"Are you a police detective"? The young Burgman asked.

"No" said Ben. "I'm trying to find out where my friends were taken. They were bikenaped and held in this garage by some bad bikes".

"What's your name?" Ben asked the young scooter. "Do you live near here?"

"My name is Jeff and I live a couple of garages down on the other side of the ally."

"I just got back from the store and did not get a chance to talk to the police when they were here. I heard a loud voice in the ally, earlier this morning. Sounded like a mean old bike giving orders to other bikes to do things. I was in my back yard playing, when I heard this loud voice."

"What did you hear, Jeff?" Ben asked

"We need to get up the hill by this evening." "It was really loud voice" Jeff added.

"Can you remember anythig else?" Ben asked. "Yes...but my parents told me not to say those bad words to anyone" Jeff added.

"Thank you for your help" Ben added. "I need to go and talk with my friends now to see if they found out any more information, Thank's again, Jeff."

Ben rolled back around to the front of the garage.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Vespa rolled over to the truck and open the door. It was a mess inside she was thinking. There must have been an 1" of caked on dirt and what ever on the floor of the beatter. She looked in the old glove box and under the seat. She was just about to give up when a small piece of paper caught her attention. A very small corner of a gas station receipt was sticking out from behind the windshield trim under the drivers visor.

She very gently pulled on the one little exposed corner... trying not to tear it....ever so slowly...and then...and then, SUCCESS!, Out it came.

She took a deep breath to calm down and looked at the paper. "Wolf Mountain" she said quietly to herself. "Wolf Mountain, Fast Gas 11/28/09"

"That's not to long ago...This might be IT!" she said to herself.

She quickly rolled over to Mack. "Mack, look what I found in the truck" she said excitedly. They both stared at the small piece of paper.

Ben was just coming back from his mission with a smile on his face. "What'ya find in the truck?" Ben asked.

"I think a possible lead" she responed.

Ben quickly looked at the small piece of paper "This works!" and gave Vespa a big hug.

Ben told them of meeting young Jeff and the information he was givin.

"We need to get to Wolf Mountain, but not now" Ben said. "Tomorrow morning we will leave".

Just about then Frenchy rolled up and was givin the information.

Mack, Ben, and Vespa all stood there, speechless. They had never seen a Frenchman doing an Irish Jig before.

After the big dance they all went back to Ben's to plan out the trip. They had 255 miles to get to Wolf Mountain. They needed some rest.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:44 am

That night Ben and the others gathered around the fire place and talked about what needed to be done.

A phone call was made to the Wolf Mountain's Sheriffs, office and they were put on alert to be watchful. It was the start of the ski season for the area and it was starting to get crazy up there.

While they had a little time, maintance was done on tire pressures, oil levels, filters were checked, and spark plugs cleaned or replaced.

Ben and Vespa were out in the kitchen talking when a light knock was herd on the back door. Ben rolled over to the door, turned on the porch light and looked through the window curtains.

It was K and Sludge standing there. What a wonderful surprise. Ben quickly rolled over to the door, unlocked it, and the door was opened.

K and Sludge quickly rolled in and greetings and hugs were shared all around.

"What a wonderful surprise, I thought you two were out of town for a few more days" Ben asked.

"We thought you might need our help with Spike on the loose and all" said K. "So what is going on" Sludge asked.

"We heard it on the news that he escaped prison, up in Alaska" said K.

"They should have disassembled that S.O.B. on the spot" Sludge responed.

"Come on in next to the fire and get warn, I need to fill you in on what's been going on"

More greetings and hugs for Mack and Frenchy and then they all settled down next to the fire to talk.

K and Sludge listened quietly as the story was told to them. When it was done Sludge rolled over to the window and looked out for a few moments. When he turned back around you could see the rage welling up on his face.

"So now that S.O.B. is now taking our CHILDREN" "He's going down this time...PERMANENTLY and that's IT, END OF STORY" Sludges headlight was red with rage.

The others in the room tried to calm Sludge down.

"Dog gone it Sludge...Don't blow a gasket...We need you and K to help with this rescue and we can't do it if your in the bike shop for repairs" Ben stated.

"OK, OK, I'll calm down....But that S.O.B. makes me ashamed to call myself a Harley-Davidson".

K rolled over and gave Sludge a kiss and a big hug.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 pm

After what seemed like an eternity, the work van that carried the four hostages, finally came to a stop and the engine was turned off. The air was alot thinner and hard to breath and much colder. A few minutes later the Van side doors were opened with a creeking grown and their location was revealed to them.

They were in the mountains at a very high altitude. Snow was every where and the air was like ice. The driveway to the garage was hastily cleared off which meant that at least one more of Spikes gang was here taking care of things while the rest of the gang was down in the valley.

"That make's only four total...I can take them...if only I could get these chains off," Victor was thinking. Yeup! Kick some Harley butt.

Just then he was grabbed by his rear wheel and pulled out of the van. Pain shot through him as his left side hit the cold, wet driveway.

"That's gotta hurt, carry him into the garage and then get the others in" Spike ordered.

Spike then turned and went into the garage "You...Get the fire going so we can warn this place up a little...NOW" "Yeah Boss" the others voice was heard to say.

"Yeah...If only I could get out of these chains" Victor was thinking.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:08 pm

The next morning the sun was just starting to lighten the eastern horizon of the little valley when the lights came on in Ben's garage.

A fire was built on the smoldering ambers of last nights fire. Coffee was made and all enjoyed a quick hot meal. The morning air was fresh and cold as it rushed into garage when the big door was opened to allow Mack to roll out onto the driveway.

It was decided that Mack would pull a short flat trailer on the trip. It was better to have along, it might be needed.

The trip was planed and hotel arrangements were made over the phone for Wolf Mountain the night before.

"It will take us a good part of 6 hours to get to Wolf Mountain so let's gas up and hit the road." Sludge said.

Ben put out the fire, turned off the lights, and locked the garage door behind him.

They were off...and the day looked promising.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 pm

The 255 miles past quickly and all had made the trip well except for K. Her rear tire picked up a nail on the interstate and she found herself strapped to the trailer pulled by Mack.

The long two lane road going up to Wolf Mountain was wet from melted snow but still very usable. Large oak trees along the road gave way to tall pine trees as the road climed and climed through the rugged mountains.

They crossed many narrow bridges. One bridge went over a gorge called "DEAD BIKES LEAP" was 300 feet deep. Ben looked down at the bottom as he crossed. It scared him a little but he kept moving with the others.

"I sure wouldn't want to try this road after this water refreezs" yelled Ben to Sludge.

Sludge just looked over and nodded at Ben. He was to busy watching the road ahead for slick spots.

They finally pulled up to the motel in Wolf Mountains main part of town. Small little brightly painted garages, backed up against a pine tree covered mountain side. All in a row with flowered curtains hanging in the windows. Each one had a smoking chimney and a welcome matt at the front door.

Vespa looked over a Ben and said "aren't they adorable". Ben just shook his head.

"Let's check-in and go find some gas and get something to eat." Frenchy said. "make mine diesel fuel and lots of it" responed Mack. "You got it, my friend" said Frenchy.

"Honey, are you all right till after lunch" Slugde asked K. "I'll get your tire fixed after we fill up and eat if that's all right". "OK with me" she responed.

Wolf Mountain....What a great little town....

Little did they know...It is Spikes home town.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:07 am

In Spikes garage the mood was not so cheerful. Most of the night the four hostages were slaped and kicked by Spike and his collected group of thugs.

Their captors would huddle around the fireplace to stay warm and drank beer and every so often one or two would roll over to check the chains that held Victor and Val.
Victors eyes were so swollen from being beaten that he could not see and the chains that bond their wheels cut deep into their chrome plated steel rims and the now broken spokes prevented him from moving his rear wheel even a smallest amount.

Later that evening came a knock on Spikes garage door. The door was opened but the visitor did not enter. Val could just make out the words of the vistor standing out side.

It was a womans voice "Their here in town" the voice said. "Their all staying at the Happy-Rest motel".

"Good... my plan is working" Spikes voice was heard saying.

Then the door was closed and Spike rejoined his group of thugs by the fire.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:43 am

The town of Wolf Mountain was small compaired to the valley Ben and Vespa called home. Most of the towns annual revenue came from summer tourists and winter ski season.

Just two gas stations in the entire town and only one had diesel fuel for Mack.

"Happy Jacks Motorcycle/Auto Repair and Filling Station" Frenchy said looking at his new GPS.

"If you read a little more of his ad, he mentions he has diesel fuel" said Frenchy.

"After lunch lets go there and get Mack's tank filled and K's tire fixed" said Vespa.

"Sounds like a plan to me" Ben agreed. "Let's get some lunch...I'm starving".

They all stopped for lunch at Katti's Diner just down the street from their motel. It looked like a friendly place and had a lot of bikes inside having lunch.

During the meal the six had a chance to talk with some of the locals about the towns history. They were waited on by a cute little Honda scooter named Maggie.

Maggie looked like an average Honda scooter except she had a Harley tattoo on her front fairing.

"Real frendly folks here in Wolf Mountain" she said. "Are you here for the start of ski season?" She asked.

"No, were here to locate some friends that are up here already" Ben responed.

Maggie's fun loving expression changed at that very moment. She took the order but the food was delivered by another waitress.

Ben asked the new waitress "what happen to Maggie our first Waitress?" "she felt ill and went home" the new waitress responded.

After lunch they headed for Happy Jacks...

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:28 am

After leaving the diner, Maggie went home. She was feeling so very bad about the nice bike's she had just met at the diner.

She looked at the pictures of her and her boyfriend thinking of how wonderful it was just after they first met four years ago. Things were different then she thought.

After he came back from Alaska a few days ago, he changed. He was a monster now. Full of hate for all around him. But she was his girl...and that is what he called her...His girl. That is what she wanted to recapture more than anything in their relationship. "The love" she whisered to herself.

She left her garage and drove around town thinking about what she was about to do. How many good bikes were going to get hirt because of her actions tonight.

She decided to go see her boyfriend and tell him of the group of bikes that came to the diner for lunch. She went to see her love, she went to see Spike...

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:24 am

"Wow...That was really good" Ben said to the others as they drove too Happy Jacks.

"These small mountain towns really know how to make strangers feel welcome" Vespa noted.

When they got to Happy Jacks the "OPEN" neon sign in the front window was flashing on and off. It was an old repair gararge with lots of history all over it.

Mack pulled to the side fuel pump it had deisel printed on it and started pumping fuel into his almost empty tanks.

The others carfully un-straped K from Macks trailer and helped her into the front door. A bell rang as the front door was opened and a few seconds later a grease covered old shovelhead Harley rolled in from the back.

"Can I help you folks" the old Harley asked.

"Yes, we need to get this young ladies tire repaired" stated Sludge. K blushed a little.

"Are you Jack" Ben asked.

"Yes I am... owned this garage for the last thirty years now" the old Harley responded.

"It won't take very long, just need to put a patch on her ...Just bring her in here" said Jack.

As Jack was making the repairs, Frenchy and the others started looking around. The garage walls were covered with old photos of old employee of the year pictures and group pictures of the old High school sports teams.

Frenchy's eyes froze on one particular photo. He quietly called the others over to him.

Their hanging on the back wall, just on the other side of the counter was a photo of Jack with Spike...Employee of the year 1988. A younger Spike, but still Spike.

Vespa looked at Ben and wispered "what do you want to do?"

"Let's go outside and talk" responded Ben.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:32 pm

As Ben and the others rolled outside, Mack was just finishing up filling his tanks. "This mountain air is great" Mack stated as he rolled over to the others standing out side.

"Mack, this is Spikes home town" Frenchy stated. "Inside there is a picture of Spike on the wall taken in 1988...he was the employee of the year".

Macks eyes started to glance around in defense.

"Let's fill are tanks and send Vespa in to pay. While your in there ask about the picture of Spike on wall...tell him, what a nice looking boy he is and see what he says".

Just then K rolled out the front door and over to the group. "Good as new and all aired up" she said. She senced something was wrong. Vespa rolled past her to go back in the door.

Jack was waiting at the counter for her. "Well good sir, how much do we owe you today and thank you for doing a good job on K's tire" she said.

"let me add all this up" Jack started to work on adding up the bill.

Vespa looked over Jacks handlebars and looked at the picture of Spike on the wall.

"What a nice looking bike" Vespa said to Jack.

"Which bike is that" Jack said as he turned around to see the picture she was looking at.

"1988 Your employee of the year" Vespa added.

"O' that's Spike. He was a good employee until I caught him stealing gas and cans of oil from me, I had to let him go. Let me explain... He was a good worker until he started running around with the wrong crowd. I heard he went Alaska and got into some trouble up there. Some folks around here have told me he just came back into town in the last day or two....Let me see, That will be a total of $156.00 for everything. Gave you my sweethart of the day discount of 10 percent" Vespa blushed."Thank You very much Jack"

"Come back any time...I like good people coming into my garage" Jack said and then smiled.

She payed Jack and rolled out the door "What a sweet guy" She said as she rolled up to her friends.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:44 pm

"Spikes home town...What do yea know".

Just then Jack stuck his head light out the door and yelled "Young lady, If you'd like to meet him, he used to hang out at the Purple Door Bar just 3 streets over. It would do him some good to meet some nice bikes like you all, just might turn his life around".

Jack then waved and went back into his garage. "I'd like to turn his life around all right" Mack said under his breath.

"Vespa, I can see why you like Jack, he is a great guy" said Frenchy. Vespa just smiled and blushed.

"The Purple Door Bar...Lets go and check it out and then get some rest at the motel, its been a long day....Who's up for it?" Ben asked. "We just might get a good lead on where we can find Spike or even better Val and Victor and the kids."

So the small group headed for the Purple Door Bar.

Night was starting to fall in the town of Wolf Mountain.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 pm

It wasn't long before the group rolled up to the Purple Door Bar parking lot. The sounds of laughter and toasting Christmas could be heard blocks away.

I'll stay out here in the parking lot to keep watch" said Mack looking at the group.

"I'll go around back" Frenchy volunteered.

"I'd like to stay out here with Mack" said Vespa.

"OK... its K, Sludge and I...let's see what we can find out. I'm thinking about an hour". said Ben.

The three headed for the Purple Door. "Hay look, the door is purple" Sludge commented and then they went in.

Minutes went buy. Mack and vespa stood in the dark cold air and spoke quietly about
the planes they had for Christmas eve only two days away and how nice it would be if this mess never happened.

Just then a small Honda scooter zipped by the parking lot and slowed down just a little to look at the bar.

"Hey that was Maggie from the diner. I thought she was sick" Vespa stated.

"I'm going to follow her....I've got a funning feeling about her" Vespa told Mack. "I think she is involved is this somehow....it's woman thing...I'll tell you about it later Mack.

Mack didn't have time to complain about the idea.

Vespa tookoff like a rocket. Staying back far enough not to be noticed.

She followed Maggie for about 15 minutes. Then Maggie stoped and went up to a dark garage with smoke coming from it's chimney. Vespa turned off her engine and rolled closer. She stood very quietly and listened to the conversation between Maggie and......"O' MY....IT'S SPIKE"!

Maggie finished the conversation with Spike and rolled back out into the street. Spike went back inside the garage and closed the door behind him.

Vespa backed into the shadows and waited for Maggie to pass by her location.

"This could be it" she whispered to herself. "What's the address here".

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:04 pm

"2537 S. Logan St. You need to remember that address" Vespa said to herself.

"Now calm down...calm down..." she repeated to herself.

She was still hidden in the shadows just outside of the garage where Val, Victor, and the children were being held. The night was getting colder and streets were just starting to refreeze the melted snow water.

Vespa decided to take the risk. Getting this information back to the others was to important to let wait.

She started out slow but the ice was just to slick. She pulled to the side of the road where gravel had collected over the years. "O' This was much better, not much slipping and getting some traction too".

Little bit by little bit she was getting back to her friends waiting at the Purple Door Bar.

BAM...she went down on her right side. She could feel her right rear cover was cracked and broken. How bad, she did not know.

She slid over to a mail box along the side of the road and used it to get back on her tires.

She looked down the road and all she could was a solid sheet of ice. "I need to get back" she told herself over and over again.

Vespa was standing there at the roads edge when she heard a motorcycle approaching from behind her. By the sound it was a Harley. She thought of when she was held captive up in Alaska. She started to panic. Her back wheel started to spin.

"Vespa... What are you doing out here all alone on this frozen road in the middle of the night".

It was Jack, from the garage in town. "Can I help You child" He asked.

"You sure can, I need to get back to my friends at the Purple Door Bar.

"Lean on me and I'll get you there". He said "Streets are just to iced right now to be out riding around".

Vespa looked down at Jacks tires. "Studed ice tires, the only way to get around on a night like this" Jack smiled.

In just a few minutes Vespa was back in the bars parking lot where her friends were waiting.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:01 am

The air was starting to warn in the corner of Spikes garage where the four held captives huddled.

Spike rolled over to his captives and kicked Victor in his head light. "This will be the end for you tomorrow...all of you" he said.

"It will look like an accident and you will all die" Spike smiled as he spoke.

"Just to let you know...Your little family is going to have a fall...a fall off a 300 foot bridge that is. I'll be glad to get rid of you" Spike turned and walked back to the fire.

Tears started to well up in Vals eyes. Victor tried to move closer to her to give her some reassurance and comfort.

"2537 S. Logan St. WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR" Mack yelled. "Lets go get our friends back, get on my trailer and I'll get you there"!

Jack looked at the group and asked what was going on. A very quick story was told of Alaska and the bike napping of their friends by Spike and his gang of thugs.

"I'll help you get your frends back, but you will need to do what I say. I've already come up with a great plan as you were telling me the story, I know this will work" Jack said.

"Trust Me"...

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:52 pm

"Trust You...We don't even know you. You fixed a tire for us and you helped Vespa get back here. These are our dearest friends and their children we are talking about here...Trust You" Ben stated.

"Yes..It's the only way you have to get your friends back. It will work" said Jack.

"What I need all of you to do right now is go back to your motel and get some rest. I'll do some snooping around to see what I can find out. I'll call you in the morning and we'll get the rescue under way" Jack smiled. "Go on now"

Ben and the others were getting tired "It has been a long day...We'll see you in the morning Jack...Good Night"

They all climbed onto Macks trailer and started the cold journey to the motel.

Jack waited in the parking lot until they were out of sight and then he headed back to his sons garage....Spikes garage.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:45 pm

Once Mack was out of sight of the Purple Door Bar, Frenchy called Mack to a stop. "Do you trust him" Frenchy asked looking at the others.

They all looked at each other and then said "NO"!

"OK then...Mack drop us off at the motel and then head over to Spikes garage and keep out of sight". "2537 S. Logan St. I'll find it on the GPS" Frenchy said. "It should be easy to find and here's my cell phone to call Ben if anything happens. Bens numbers in the phone".

"Remember to stay in the shadows and stay very quite while your there...just watch the doors" said Ben.

"When the sun finally melts the road ice we'll make our move...I just hope we are not to late"

They continued the short trip to the motel where the trailer was removed from the back of Mack and the others went into their little garages.

Frenchy stood in front of Mack for a moment "You be very careful tonight my friend. Give us a call if you see anything going on".

Mack gave Frenchy a reassuring smile then Mack rolled into the dark and icy night.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:13 am

Mack found the perfect location to watch Spikes garage doors. His personality was not one to just hide, watch, and wait. "But I need to just do that now" he told himself.

Just a few minutes slipped by when the side garage door came open and out came two bikes. The dim light from the garage door cast a shaft of light alomst hitting Macks location. "That was close " Mack was thinking.

In the dim light of the open door, Mack could see Spike and then.....Jack. "JACK...They were right not trust him" Mack spoke quietly to himself. Rage welled up in Mack and he had to fight the urge to charge them.

Spike and Jack spoke to each other for a brief moment outside the door. Then Jack rolled down the driveway and was gone. Spike stood in the light of the door and looked around for a moment then disappeared into the door and the door was closed.

Mack opened Frenchys cell phone, the light from the phone blinded him for a moment.

As Macks vision came back he noticed that all the phones commands were in french. "Darn-it" Mack whispered to himself. "Lets see now...Ben...Ben...Here it is".

Just then a fire ball engulfed Macks cab interior, his windows were being smash with chains and pipes and his tires were being stabbed repeatedly.

Mack turned on his head lights and tried to move but his wheels would not move, they were blocked, and then he saw him... in his lights... not more then 20 feet in front of him, stood Spike smiling as Mack burned.

"Lets get a move on it...it's almost day light...NOW YOU BUMS" Spike yelled at the others standing around Mack.

Macks lights slowly faded...and then he was gone.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:38 am

Bens eyes came open and it was a bright and sunny morning. The morning sun was filtering through the curtains of his little motel garage. He glanced around the saw his cell phone on top of the night stand next to him. "MACK" he said to himself. "Mack was going to call"

He opened his door and looked at the road to see if the ice had melted from the night before. The roads looked good.

"What happened to Mack" he asked himself. "He probably fell asleep on watch. I better go get him".

When Ben arrived at 2537 S. Logan St. Mack was hooked up behind a large tow truck and was ready to be hauled away. The fire department had to leave on another call.

The ground all around Mack was scorched and there was broken glass every where.

Ben rolled over to Mack and leaned close "Mack what happen". Ben whispered.

A very weak responce came form Mack "Spike".

"Don't worry my friend, we'll get you fixed back up. Just hang in there".

Ben looked over at the garage with the street numbers 2537 and the large front door was standing open and it was empty.

Mack was towed off to the repair shop.

Ben rolled over to the Spikes garage and went inside. The fire place was still smoldering with hot ambers and a large piece of brown cardboard was laying in the center of the floor with "YOUR NEXT" written on it.

Ben quickly turned around and left the garage. "I need to get back to the motel and fast" he told himself.

As he left the garage Ben looked toward town. He saw a huge tower of black smoke raising in the distance. Ben hurried his pace back to the motel.

When he arrived at the motel, it was ablaze and his friends.... were gone.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:09 pm

As Ben stood there and watched as the Wolf Mountain fire department was putting out the fire in the still smoldering rubble that was once the motel garages he and his friends just stayed in. Overwhelming feelings of rage and great loss swept over him like a great wave.

He stood there...transfixed on the carnage that was before for him...His friends were all gone...Vespa...his hart sank to the lowest point in his life. Tears started to well up in his eyes.

Just then "Ben" a familiar voice rang out from behind him. "Ben...there you are we were looking for you".

It was Vespa, K, Slugde and Frenchy. "What happened to you...we all woke and you were gone so we went to Spikes garage. Then we saw the smoke from the fire and we came back here".

"Where did you go" asked Vespa.

Ben was so over joyed that it took him a moment to speak. "Thank GOD your all OK" is all he could say as he rushed over to his friends. "I thought I lost you all"

After a few minutes, Ben explaned to the group, what happened at Spikes garage and what happened to Mack.

Frenchy was furious...you could see it in his eyes. Ben had never seen Frenchy this mad before.

"Frenchy...Mack will be alright. He's at the repair shop right now..He'll be fine after they restore him...you'll see...He's built tuff... he's a Mack.

Fenchy smiled "your right. He is a Mack after all...and he owes me a cell phone".

We need to find Val, Victor, and the kids. "Where do we start" asked K.

"Happy Jacks" the group said. "Happy Jacks".

"Lets Go"

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 am

It didn't take long to get to Happy Jack's. What Jack was not aware of was the good folks from the valley were on to him.

The "OPEN" neon sign was on and Jacks was open for business.

Frenchy and Sludge rolled around back where they found a green work van.

Ben, K. and Vespa went through the front door. A moment after they entered Jack came through his office door "Can I...Help....you" his words faded away as he quickly realized who was standing in front of his counter.

"What are you doing here" Jacks voice was harsh.

Jacks look changed from happy too mean and hateful. "Leave NOW, I have work to get done" Jack turned around and started heading for the door that went into the repair shop.

Ben and the others followed him through the door. Jack tried to hit Ben with the door but Ben was to fast and blocked the door with his front wheel.

In one fluid motion, Ben swung his rear wheel around, through the air and caught Happy Jack in his right side, crushing his air cleaner and causing Jack to collapse in a heep onto his tire changer. Not so Happy Jack was knocked out cold.

Ben looked up to see four Outlaw Harleys in the shop. One of them was Spike.

"GET THEM" Spike yelled at the top of his voice. Three Big Harley's started to make their move toward Ben when all of the sudden the back door of the repair shop burst open and in came Frenchy and Sludge. DEEP Hate in their eyes.

Then K and Vespa entered the the shop to join in the fight.

Ben had just a split second to look at the expression on Spikes face go from a look of maddness to one of extreme fear before the first Harley hit him, knocking him back against Jacks lifeless hulk.

Just then K and Vespa hurled themselves over Ben and onto the Harley that just hit Ben. Ben looked up to see K and Vespa dismantling the Harley that just hit him. Harley parts were flying everywhere.

Sludge jumped onto the second Harley and knocked him to the shop floor.

Frenchy made a move for Spike. Spike blocked Frenchys rear wheel kick and then hit Frenchy in the left side with his own. Frenchy went to the floor.

Spike gave it full throttle and headed for the door. While Frenchy was on the floor he kicked Spike on the left side fender sending Spike into the door frame. Spike raced out the door leaving a turn signal and a good amount of paint behind.

Ben got himself up and started for the third Harley. He hurled himself straght into the front of the big bike coming at him. Ben's fairing shattered on impact but he stopped the big bike cold. Just then Sludge hit the dazed Harley from the side sending him to the floor. Just then K jumped on the big Harley smashing him into the floor "That's, That" she said with a smile on her face as she hit the big Harley one more time for good measure.

Just then sound of the Van being started up could be heard out the back door. "Spike" Yelled Frenchy. "HE'S GOT OUR FRIENDS IN THE VAN".

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 am

The chase was on. Spike and the work van had a moments head start and was on the front street when Ben and the others shot out the back door of Happy Jacks.

Spike was heading out of the town of Wolf Mountain and down the only road into that area.

Bens broken front fairing was starting to break off at the start of the pursuit, so he dropped to the rear of the group. Ben looked over at Frenchy and yelled "GET HIM" as he dropped back. Frenchy nodded back, his eyes fixed on Spike and the van.

It wasn't long before the work van missed judged a down hill turn and went off the road into a grove of small pine trees and came to rest on it's side.

Vespa, K and Ben stopped at the van and opened the vans back doors. They found Val, Victor and the kids, shaken up, but still alive.

"Vespa, would you go back into town and get a big pair bolt cutters at the hardware store" asked Ben. Vespa nodded and left for town.

Ben and K carefully carried Val, Victor, and the Kids out of the Van and placed them in a patch of sun lit soft grass to wait for Vespas return.

-------------------------------

Spike had a quarter mile lead on Sludge and Frenchy at this time. Just then he hit a patch of tree shaded ice on a hairpin turn. Spike went down and his rear wheel hit the guard rail with great force. He got back up and gave it full throttle and found he had bent his rear wheel badly.

Just then Frenchy and Sludge came around the corner and hit the same ice patch. Frenchy went down and into the guard rail. Sludge slowed down and missed the ice patch.

Now it was up to him, Sludge was thinking, and Spike was hurt.

Sludge gave it all he could to shorten the distance between him and Spike.

Sludge gave it full throttle and the old H-D 80 cubic inch flathead motor came alive. Rich gas smoke billowed from his exhaust pipes and smoke was coming off his back tire.

It was only seconds until Sludge caught up to Spike.

Sludge yelled over to Spike "PULL OVER YOUR GOING BACK TO PRISON YOU S.O.B."

Just then a empty logging truck came around the corner. Black diesel smoke shooting out of the exhaust pipes as it labored to climbed the steep mountain road.

Soon they were on a long two lane bridge. The on coming truck was only feet away. Spike came over quickly and tried to nodge Sludge over the safty railing edge of the bridge.

Spike lost control and the logging truck hit him head-on throwing him over the railing edge.

Sludge came to a abrupt stop as did the logging truck.

Sludge and the logging truck looked over the bridge rail to the bottom of the 300 foot drop.

There at the bottom of Dead Bikes Leap Bridge...was the burning remains of Spike the Outlaw Harley.

Sludge looked over at the logging truck and said "I guess he just didn't want to go back to prison".

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Vespa returned shortly with the biggest set of bolt cutters Ben had ever seen and the chains that held Victor and his family were cut and removed.

Ben could hear the sound of sirens approaching from town. A few seconds later a fire truck and Police car raced by. Then a emergence response vehicle stoped to give care to Val, Victor, and kids. All were brused, cut and hungry.

Little Gill and Joe wanted to go get a hamburger and fries. "Wait...we need to find out what happened to Sludge and Frenchy, first" said K.

Vespa was just about to leave to go find them when around the corner they came. Sludge holding up Frenchy as they rolled up the road.

Vespa and K raced down the road to meet them.

The emergence response vehicle was done and it headed back to town carrying Val and her family to the repair shop.

Ben rolled over to the group "what happend to Spike" he asked.

Sludge just looked down and said "he's dead... fell 300 feet off Dead Bikes Leap Bridge".

The small group fell quite for a moment. The past few days had taken just about all they had.

"I dont feel like taking that long ride home tonight, Let's rent some rooms at the ski lodge for a couple of nights and recover. After all it is Christmas Eve" said Ben.

They all helped Frenchy into town and then to the Wolf Mountain Ski Lodge.

The air was getting colder and the weather report said snow for that night and Christmas Day on Wolf Mountain.

Later that evening a group call was made to the truck repair shop and they all got a chance to talk to Mack. His new paint was on and the glass and interior was being installed the day after Christmas. "HURRAY" said Mack over the phone.

During the call the Ski Logde doors flue open in the mainroom and in rolled Gill and Joe follwed by Val and Victor. Victor had a new head light assembly and back wheel installed and he looked like new.

Ben looked around at the others. They were looking at him. "OK, I ordered my parts from Honda and they will be here the day after Christmas, I was told" They all smiled.

The fire was warm and crackling in the huge fireplace in the mainroom of the lodge and the snow flakes started to fall just outside the big windows.

Cups of hot cocoa were brought in the mainroom and served to all. Ben raised his cup high and said...

"To my friends...and the best Christmas Ever" and then smiled.

They all had cocoa mustaches.

The End.

I hope you all enjoyed the story. This was my Christmas gift to you all on this forum... and I didn't need to wrap it.

Have a Great and Wonderful Holiday... and have some hot cocoa.

(c) DennisB 2009

Last edited by DennisB on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 am

Let me be the first to say to you that this was a great story. Very entertaining. I am sorry that it is over although I am thrilled that Spike can no longer abuse women and children.

Dennis, I consider myself to be very fortunate to know you personally as well as professionally here on this forum. You have added many many things to make it easier for rambunctious folks like me to understand the joy of riding our Silverwings. Thank you friend. May you have a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year. (That is really heavy on the prosperous part.) santa
Back to top Go down
crahar
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
crahar

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks for a great story (we need more story tellers like you) Hope too see some sequels and thanks for letting me being a small part.
Merry Christmas and may GOD Bless each and every one.
Craig
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Merry Christmas and may GOD Bless each and every one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "It Was the Night Before Christmas....."   "It Was the Night Before Christmas....." I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"It Was the Night Before Christmas....."
Page 1 of 1