Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, this forum is not accepting new members. But if anyone would like to start a new Silverwing forum than you can do so. Go to the bottom of this site to start a new Silverwing forum.
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Honda Shield VS Givi Shield
by bikehiker Yesterday at 9:40 pm

» Big ride today
by cotetoi Yesterday at 7:20 pm

» Is the seat supposed to stay up on its own ,when you unlock it and open it?
by Jimmyk Yesterday at 3:22 pm

» Cheap tire
by GHM-PM Yesterday at 8:01 am

» New battery
by Scootypuff Snr Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:39 pm

» New battery - trip meters gone, clock won't change!
by Scootypuff Snr Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:36 pm

» New Yamaha scooter 2018
by Meldrew Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:01 pm

» Old member back onboard
by Pastor Ron Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:49 pm

» Just might be the best buck spent.
by Modernman1953 Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

» Main beam problem?
by Old Limey Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:17 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 Hi from Greece

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 3
Location : Greece
Points : 179
Registration date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Hi from Greece   Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:35 am

After many years and many on-off bikes (BMW GS 650 Dakar /gs1150/ gs800) I am currently thinking the purchase of a SilverWing 600 2010 ABS.

I am a bit sceptical and sentimental about the transition from motorcycle to a scooter, but due to the fact that I recently became dad, it will take many years till I get on the road with my wife again, thus I find the motorcycle as an expense whereas a scooter would fit my current needs (back and forth to work plus a single day 100km trip with friends to the countryside)

Any input would be of great help.

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 527
Age : 67
Location : HI
Points : 1434
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Akyla,
You will never regret buying a Swing. Especially the 2010 with ABS. Even great for two up riding. Great for commuting to/from work. You may never go back to motorcycles again.
Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert


Number of posts : 815
Location : Hocking Hills U.S.A.
Points : 1738
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome from o-HI-o, I find mine perfect for what you describe with the ability to keep right on going.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 891
Age : 71
Location : Princeton, MN
Points : 2520
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:13 am

Welcome to the best SWing site on the net.
I've had my 08 SWing for 4 years now and don't regret ever buying it. It has plenty of get up and go with great mileage and will do Interstate speeds all day without breathing hard. It had surprised many that I've ridden with who have "real" motorcycles. They no longer look sideways at it.
Back to top Go down
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 3
Location : Greece
Points : 179
Registration date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:04 am

Easyrider wrote:
Akyla,
You will never regret buying a Swing. Especially the 2010 with ABS. Even great for two up riding. Great for commuting to/from work. You may never go back to motorcycles again.
Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.

I hope so, cause after almost 20 years of motorcycles it's hard for me. For the first time in my motorcycle life, I admit that I am afraid to change, but I should.

Once I tried to drive a scoot (beverly) and while starting from a traffic light I tried to shift gears (using the brake lever that my muscle memory said was clutch ) resulting in Panic !!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2618
Age : 75
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 6281
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum, Akyla.

Akyla wrote:
Once I tried to drive a scoot (beverly) and while starting from a traffic light I tried to shift gears (using the brake lever that my muscle memory said was clutch ) resulting in Panic !!! Shocked

Be sure to wear a helmet then Smile   We sure don't want anyone doing a face plant and end up looking like "ItBeMe's" avatar. affraid

Tim
Back to top Go down
gavinfdavies
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 104
Location : Newport, South Wales, UK
Points : 316
Registration date : 2017-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Welcome. don't be afraid, except maybe for your bank balance. I was sceptical buying my first scooter (Yamaha 125 Tricity 3-wheeler) last year for riding 20 miles each way to work, but it's been really REALLY good. I've just bought a 2007 silverwing A7, and it too is good. Different, but good. To me it feels like a 1200 Harley but with better handling, acceleration, and much better comfort and practicality.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 399
Location : Teesdale, UK
Points : 1176
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Put it this way Akyla if you don't get on with it you can always sell it, but in all probability you won't. These things tend to grow on you.
You'll know you've past the point of no return once you find yourself getting all evangelical about maxi scooters.
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 527
Age : 67
Location : HI
Points : 1434
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:01 am

Akyla wrote:
Easyrider wrote:
Akyla,
You will never regret buying a Swing. Especially the 2010 with ABS. Even great for two up riding. Great for commuting to/from work. You may never go back to motorcycles again.
Good luck!
Welcome to the forum.

I hope so, cause after almost 20 years of motorcycles it's hard for me. For the first time in my motorcycle life, I admit that I am afraid to change, but I should.

Once I tried to drive a scoot (beverly) and while starting from a traffic light I tried to shift gears (using the brake lever that my muscle memory said was clutch ) resulting in Panic !!! Shocked

Akyla,
Funny thing you mentioned your bike's name (beverly). My wife's name is Beverly. LOL
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 527
Age : 67
Location : HI
Points : 1434
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:05 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the forum, Akyla.

Akyla wrote:
Once I tried to drive a scoot (beverly) and while starting from a traffic light I tried to shift gears (using the brake lever that my muscle memory said was clutch ) resulting in Panic !!! Shocked

Be sure to wear a helmet then Smile   We sure don't want anyone doing a face plant and end up looking like "ItBeMe's" avatar.  affraid

Tim

Tim, you are too much. Very funny. Sorry ItBeMe I gotta agree with Tim!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Akyla
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 3
Location : Greece
Points : 179
Registration date : 2017-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 am

steve_h80 wrote:
Put it this way Akyla if you don't get on with it you can always sell it, but in all probability you won't. These things tend to grow on you.
You'll know you've past the point of no return once you find yourself getting all evangelical about maxi scooters.

Hi there, this is another issue, the market for Silverwing in Greece is small I can only find 4-5 scoots on sale, meaning Greek riders either don't know the model or they dislike it. Thus selling in case I don't get along with it might be a bit tricky.

Another problem seems to be that I can not find one to test ride.

Here is the full story, the one I am about to get is located on a Greek Island about 4-5 hours travel time from where I live. The guy selling it is willing to take my BMW and give me some cash on top. I have many pics of the scoot and asked the owner to visit a Honda workshop in my hometown if we end up doing the deal and he accepted. But I can not make him make that trip if I am not 100% sure that I will take it, it is not fair.

By the way, I am around 6" and 250lb, would I fit?

I know for sure that I like the SW, but too many questions in my head affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2618
Age : 75
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 6281
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 am

The seller is willing to travel 4-5 hours to your home town to do this deal? Sounds as if he is desperate AND confident. It's a buyers market.

Yes, at 6', 250 lbs you will fit --and enjoy your Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
SlvrwngTraveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 27
Location : California
Points : 199
Registration date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm

I would be interested to hear your first impressions of SW after BMW. Keep us posted. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2618
Age : 75
Location : damn near Philadelphia, PA
Points : 6281
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm

SlwrwngTraveler wrote:
I would be interested to hear your first impressions of SW after BMW. Keep us posted

SlwrwngTraveler, You've just registered today and made three posts yet haven't so much as extended us the courtesy of an introduction. What's with that?
Back to top Go down
SlvrwngTraveler
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 27
Location : California
Points : 199
Registration date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Greece   Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 pm

@Cosmic_Jumper Hi there & thanks for keeping this wonderful forum alive. As far as intro, I'm just a SW newbie (not a motorcycle rider newbie) trying to have fun with the scoot. I appreciate all the input shared here. It made my ride more enjoyable and I also learned few thing along the way.
Back to top Go down
 
Hi from Greece
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: