Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 1:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 am

» What were they thinking?
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 am

» Hello everyone
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:41 am

» Low charging
About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:49 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

About to take off on last long trip of season

Go down 
+2
MikeO
john grinsel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

About to take off on last long trip of season Empty
PostSubject: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Tuesday or Wednesday of next week going to leave on last fairly long trip of the season---SilverWing doesn't go so well in snow.

This time, dog and I plan to ride road to James Bay in Quebec. Nothin difficult Did it before on K-75 BMW...in the bug season, made camping not fun.

Road is private, has second longest stretch in N. America without gas. Bought 2 gallon gas can that fits in my Givi E-46 box. Use can on way up and way back--then throw away. Full tank and can of gas will get me thru with no worry.

As this trip is for pleasure, get away from Chattanooga---my house is sold, waiting to collect money and order new bike.

Hope to enjoy SilverWing as scooter, keeping speed down, relaxing stopping at least every 50 miles or one hour.

My bikes are always in great shape---SilverWing fresh tires, oil & Filter, still at least 5,000 miles belt life---Outside of tools, I carry small tire pump, tubeless repair kit, spare drive belt... and always hope for best---carry shop manual. I have towing service.

Will camp one night on way up and one night on way back.

One has to remember fall can be cold in North. I take warm stuff, plan to wear Aerostich Darien pants, long underwear as it gets colder, add pajama bottom if freezing----the Darien pants do not work very well for me as pants over jeans.

Boots, Aerostich Kombat Lite...advantage is warm and riding in jeans---jeans can be tucked well into boot tops=no pants fludder.
Carry rubber overboots----keep feet dry in all day rain.

Different for me will wear leather jacket and rely on rain jacket for dryness and cold protection if necessary.Have warm stuff for under jacket.

Will be gone 8-10 days.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Have a great trip, John.
Ride safe!
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Have a safe enjoyable trip.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Have a great and safe trip John.
Back to top Go down
Dave Weller
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2011-11-09

PostSubject: Re: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 12:31 am

very good advice to everyone...
''Hope to enjoy SilverWing as scooter, keeping speed down, relaxing stopping at least every 50 miles or one hour.''

Enjoy the rest breaks, I carry treats and water and stop at good view points, Pack some small binoculars to take in the view.
Enjoy the break.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Be safe John. Sounds like a great ride!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About to take off on last long trip of season   About to take off on last long trip of season I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About to take off on last long trip of season
Page 1 of 1