Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Learning to mind my own business
by "Hi Yo" Today at 1:00 pm

» My SilverWing riding days could be coming to a close
by Meldrew Today at 9:27 am

» New member from the uk
by siataukreg Today at 5:26 am

» Commuting in little rock on darkside....
by GHM-PM Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Snow My Goodness
by Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 8:02 pm

» Christmas Dinner
by oldwingguy Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:53 pm

» I have a funny feeling about this.
by "Hi Yo" Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:30 am

» Selling my Silver Wing
by joebillybobinark Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:30 am

» Replacement Tyres
by GHM-PM Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 am

» start serious search for new bike/scooter
by Scootypuff Snr Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Share | 

Mixture screws.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
micbusathens
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Mixture screws.   Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Does anyone happens to know how many turns out are the mixture screws on a FJS 2008? I just want to start from there to synchronize throttle bodies after
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:00 pm

I don't believe that there is a starting point. You need a manometer or a duel vacuum gauge to adjust the vacuum at idle. My album shows a diy manometer I made to sync the both injector body vacuum. The Honda service manual has the procedure to sync the vacuum. Page 5-103.
Back to top Go down
micbusathens
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:11 pm

I do know the entire procedure and I have also a manometer (carbtune).You can easily synchronize both throttle bodies nomatter how many turns out are the screws.Thats not right though.You start with OEM setting and you finish with fine tuning by a manometer.For instance you start with two turns out and after fine tuning you have 2.1 and 1.9 for each.Thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
docjones
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 am

I know I'm joining the discussion late but are you talking about the two brass screws, one each on either side of the idle screw. I accidentally turned one, then the other thinking one was the idle screw until I found the idle screw hidden under that vacuum tube. I discovered this only after removing the seat which I tried to avoid while adjusting the idle. I think I returned them about where they were but really not sure at all. If we in fact are talking about those two screws did you ever get an answer to your question. I don't have a manometer nor do I want to buy one. I would love to be able to turn these screws in all the way and then back them out 3 or 4 turns and call it a day. What kind of damage can I cause if I leave then alone now. The Swing seems to run just fine right now, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Well, if you don't want to use an easily made DIY manometer* then I guess the '2 or 3 turns' method is gonna be just fine. Rolling Eyes

*https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_WDF6glD5k
Back to top Go down
micbusathens
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm

╬Łow here's my question.1.5...2...2.50..or 3 turns out.With 3 out the idle rises and the adjustment screw can not decrease idle rpms less than 1500 any more.Thats why I'm asking where the oem turns out are more or less
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:01 pm

The adjustments are only a starting point. If you don't have a manometer and you say that your Swing is running okay, then I would suggest leaving it as is. The vacuum may be different between your bike and mine. The manometer will equalize the vacuum for both cylinders at 1200-1300 RPM.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Mixture screws.   Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Throttle body screws are not mixture adjusting screws. They are just air bleeds add more or less air behind throttle plate.

On an carburetor they adjust some fuel flow only on the idle circuit.. Fuel injection is different.
Turning them out can raise idle speed some but varies with system. FI system with a vacuum leak will cause a high idle.

Throttle bodies can become dirty reducing airflow. Idle adjusting screw will open them raising idle speed or opening bleed screws. Balancing them equal vacuum is what you want. Smoothest idle.

Gentle turn them all the way in. Back out 1 turn each and try to balance vacuum. If its low adjust idle screw slightly in and start over.
Back to top Go down

Mixture screws.
Page 1 of 1