Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to me trike

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2015-12-18

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:15 pm

On August 1, 2017, I purchased a 2004 non-ABS Swing with a Voyager trike kit from a couple in Washington. Drove it back to Coeur d'alene Idaho. About 240 miles. The Swing has a little over 36k miles with the original owners. The trike kit was installed when the bike was originally purchased. I had to drive the trike on blocks to raise the rear tire off of the ground so that I could adjust the parking brake. In doing so, I learned that the rear wheel has a lot of side play. I need to remove the rear tire to see what is the problem. I need to uninstall the trike and reinstall the center stand. I am waiting for the bolts, nuts, and springs for the center stand.
I will update this post when I find out what the problem is. I have a 2013 Swing in Honolulu, and now one here in Coeur d'alene Idaho. I hope it is not the drive shaft and/or shaft bearings.
Question:
1- What year Swing rear transmission will interchange with my 2004?
2- What DS tire is recommended/available for my rear tire?

Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Easyrider wrote:
On August 1, 2017, I purchased a 2004 non-ABS Swing with a Voyager trike kit from a couple in Washington. Drove it back to Coeur d'alene Idaho. About 240 miles. The Swing has a little over 36k miles with the original owners. The trike kit was installed when the bike was originally purchased. I had to drive the trike on blocks to raise the rear tire off of the ground so that I could adjust the parking brake. In doing so, I learned that the rear wheel has a lot of side play. I need to remove the rear tire to see what is the problem. I need to uninstall the trike and reinstall the center stand. I am waiting for the bolts, nuts, and springs for the center stand.
I will update this post when I find out what the problem is. I have a 2013 Swing in Honolulu, and now one here in Coeur d'alene Idaho. I hope it is not the drive shaft and/or shaft bearings.
Question:
1- What year Swing rear transmission will interchange with my 2004?
2- What DS tire is recommended/available for my rear tire?

Check that one of the axle spacers has not been left off the rear Axle,  There are two, one thick and one thin.
Check that the
rear axle nut is properly torqued. Any year FSC600 Final axle and gears are interchangeable with your 04.
150-70-13 is the standard size rear tire on the Silverwing.
Happy Motoring lloyd 193 swing
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Lloyd193,
Thanks Lioyd. You happen to have a picture of the two spacers. I only show a single tapered spacer. It is thicker toward the wheel (left) and thinner toward the swing arm (right). Partzilla part number is 42311-MCT-910 COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE. Is it just the final axial and gears or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2017-05-13

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Easyrider wrote:
Lloyd193,
Thanks Lioyd. You happen to have a picture of the two spacers. I only show a single tapered spacer. It is thicker toward the wheel (left) and thinner toward the swing arm (right). Partzilla part number is 42311-MCT-910 COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE. Is it just the final axial and gears or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?

No I do not have a picture, The photo breakdown is in the service manual. Happy motoring lloyd 193. swing
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 pm

lloyd193 wrote:
Easyrider wrote:
Lloyd193,

No I do not have a picture, The photo breakdown is in the service manual. Happy motoring lloyd 193. swing

Lloyd,
Is it just the final axial and gears that are interchangable or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to me trike
Page 1 of 1