Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.
 
HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Please help to decide
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:17 pm

» Hyperpro spring install step by step
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 7:13 pm

» 2009 Silverwing for sale
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby EvilTwin Today at 8:44 am

» Installed a C.L.M. lock on Swing.
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Today at 3:49 am

» Headlights off
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby LECHETTAN Today at 2:25 am

» WANTED: Used Corbin Seat for 2009 Honda Silverwing
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby 324woody Today at 1:09 am

» Hello from NY
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Yesterday at 5:57 pm

» New member from Canada
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby rustysdream Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Not Cold Enough
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby "Hi Yo" Yesterday at 11:05 am

» left signal turn
New to me trike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:22 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share
 

 New to me trike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Number of posts : 863
Age : 69
Location : HI
Points : 2467
Registration date : 2015-12-18

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:15 pm

On August 1, 2017, I purchased a 2004 non-ABS Swing with a Voyager trike kit from a couple in Washington. Drove it back to Coeur d'alene Idaho. About 240 miles. The Swing has a little over 36k miles with the original owners. The trike kit was installed when the bike was originally purchased. I had to drive the trike on blocks to raise the rear tire off of the ground so that I could adjust the parking brake. In doing so, I learned that the rear wheel has a lot of side play. I need to remove the rear tire to see what is the problem. I need to uninstall the trike and reinstall the center stand. I am waiting for the bolts, nuts, and springs for the center stand.
I will update this post when I find out what the problem is. I have a 2013 Swing in Honolulu, and now one here in Coeur d'alene Idaho. I hope it is not the drive shaft and/or shaft bearings.
Question:
1- What year Swing rear transmission will interchange with my 2004?
2- What DS tire is recommended/available for my rear tire?



Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Age : 80
Location : Orlando Fl. USA
Points : 1588
Registration date : 2017-05-13

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 pm

Easyrider wrote:
On August 1, 2017, I purchased a 2004 non-ABS Swing with a Voyager trike kit from a couple in Washington. Drove it back to Coeur d'alene Idaho. About 240 miles. The Swing has a little over 36k miles with the original owners. The trike kit was installed when the bike was originally purchased. I had to drive the trike on blocks to raise the rear tire off of the ground so that I could adjust the parking brake. In doing so, I learned that the rear wheel has a lot of side play. I need to remove the rear tire to see what is the problem. I need to uninstall the trike and reinstall the center stand. I am waiting for the bolts, nuts, and springs for the center stand.
I will update this post when I find out what the problem is. I have a 2013 Swing in Honolulu, and now one here in Coeur d'alene Idaho. I hope it is not the drive shaft and/or shaft bearings.
Question:
1- What year Swing rear transmission will interchange with my 2004?
2- What DS tire is recommended/available for my rear tire?




Check that one of the axle spacers has not been left off the rear Axle,  There are two, one thick and one thin.
Check that the
rear axle nut is properly torqued. Any year FSC600 Final axle and gears are interchangeable with your 04.
150-70-13 is the standard size rear tire on the Silverwing.
Happy Motoring lloyd 193 swing
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Number of posts : 863
Age : 69
Location : HI
Points : 2467
Registration date : 2015-12-18

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Lloyd193,
Thanks Lioyd. You happen to have a picture of the two spacers. I only show a single tapered spacer. It is thicker toward the wheel (left) and thinner toward the swing arm (right). Partzilla part number is 42311-MCT-910 COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE. Is it just the final axial and gears or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?
Back to top Go down
lloyd193
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
lloyd193

Number of posts : 327
Age : 80
Location : Orlando Fl. USA
Points : 1588
Registration date : 2017-05-13

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Easyrider wrote:
Lloyd193,
Thanks Lioyd. You happen to have a picture of the two spacers. I only show a single tapered spacer. It is thicker toward the wheel (left) and thinner toward the swing arm (right). Partzilla part number is 42311-MCT-910 COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE. Is it just the final axial and gears or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?

No I do not have a picture, The photo breakdown is in the service manual. Happy motoring lloyd 193. swing
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Easyrider

Number of posts : 863
Age : 69
Location : HI
Points : 2467
Registration date : 2015-12-18

New to me trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to me trike   New to me trike I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 10:06 pm

lloyd193 wrote:
Easyrider wrote:
Lloyd193,
Thanks Lioyd. You happen to have a picture of the two spacers. I only show a single tapered spacer. It is thicker toward the wheel (left) and thinner toward the swing arm (right). Partzilla part number is 42311-MCT-910 COLLAR, RR. WHEEL SIDE. Is it just the final axial and gears or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?

No I do not have a picture, The photo breakdown is in the service manual. Happy motoring lloyd 193. swing

Lloyd,
Is it just the final axial and gears that are interchangable or do you mean the complete transmission will bolt up to my 2004 Swing?
Back to top Go down
 
New to me trike
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Tail Dragger Trike
» THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™
» Lawn mower trike!
» LMM's Bike Trike!
» postie bike

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications :: Trikes-
Jump to: