Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, I am opening this site back up for new members. I closed it due to a few members complaining. Please just accept the site for what it is. The site is 'what it is'. We hope you enjoy the site. Please also join www.maxi-scoots.com
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to scooters trying to decide which one
by gg194 Today at 5:24 pm

» 2013 Silverwing ABS FOR SALE
by cube Yesterday at 2:02 pm

» Tool to hold cam chain tensioner?
by john grinsel Yesterday at 1:16 pm

» Thinking again--next new bike
by john grinsel Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 am

» Hi from a New York Snow Bird
by cube Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

» Modern gas in US
by bikehiker Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:35 pm

» Baptism a la natural
by bikehiker Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:14 pm

» Reg/Rec: 2002 location
by Mech 1 twa Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:39 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
by arcamedies Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:06 pm

» Deno Introduction
by steve_h80 Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
free forum
 
Share | 
 

 She's Gone!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
avatar

Number of posts : 879
Age : 48
Location : Ontario
Points : 3344
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:13 am

Hello all. Been a while since I've stopped in. I switched to a GL1800 Goldwing last year. Had the Silverwing in the corner of the garage under cover since then. Didn't ride it much, none this year. Decided to sell it. Lady came yesterday and bought it, trailer included. My wife and I totally enjoyed riding the Silverwing and made good memories on it. BUT no other bike can compare to the Goldwing, love its creature comforts- heated seat and grips, electronic cruise, built in NAV, push button suspension adjustment, CB, four speaker stereo, cavernous storage, effortless silky power......


Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 107
Location : MN
Points : 916
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 am

hotwings wrote:
Hello all. Been a while since I've stopped in. I switched to a GL1800 Goldwing last year. Had the Silverwing in the corner of the garage under cover since then. Didn't ride it much, none this year. Decided to sell it. Lady came yesterday and bought it, trailer included. My wife and I totally enjoyed riding the Silverwing and made good memories on it. BUT no other bike can compare to the Goldwing, love its creature comforts- heated seat and grips, electronic cruise, built in NAV, push button suspension adjustment, CB, four speaker stereo, cavernous storage, effortless silky power......



Yep, great for long trips. They definitely like to eat pavement, for sure. (miles). Cruise IS nice. My GL1500 GWing sits in the garage a lot of the time. I find the Silverwing much more agile. We've been in places I'd never consider poking into with the GW because it is so heavy and hard to maneuver at slow speeds, especially two up. Just easier to keep it going down the highway in a straight line.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 1433
Age : 66
Location : Wickenburg, AZ
Points : 3934
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 am

I also have both a Silver Wing and a GL1800. Different purposes. In my case I will probably keep the SWing after the big Wing is gone. The scooter is so much more fun around town and I really like it on one-up trips ala John Grinsel. As I get older the 900 pound beast does not get ridden in town much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gustafa
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 208
Location : Cordova, TN
Points : 1360
Registration date : 2015-10-10

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 am

My aim is in a few years to own a Goldwing, the luxury of touring is so alluring.

There was a rumor last year that Honda will eventually bring the Goldwing into the DCT motor - no shifting or the option to shift or manual. That would be incredible.
Back to top Go down
Jolly Bodger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 102
Age : 65
Location : Lancashire, UK.
Points : 876
Registration date : 2016-10-05

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:20 pm

I just don't 'get' Goldwings - way too big and heavy might as well buy an open top sports car.

I did actually try one in the late 70's (naked 1000cc) very refined but didn't like corners and bends.

JB
Back to top Go down
Bash On!
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider


Number of posts : 241
Location : Dallas, Texas
Points : 1414
Registration date : 2015-08-24

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 pm

Jolly Bodger wrote:
I just don't 'get' Goldwings - way too big and heavy might as well buy an open top sports car.JB

Different strokes, as they say. Apparently a lot of people don't "get" Silver Wings, judging by sales figures and deep discounts. Wink
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 3018
Location : York, North Yorkshire, England UK
Points : 6008
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Bash On! wrote:
Different strokes, as they say.  Apparently a lot of people don't "get" Silver Wings, judging by sales figures and deep discounts.  Wink

The US don't get maxi scooters generally, just as over this side of the Pond we don't get driving huge pick up trucks.
Back to top Go down
dekare
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 107
Location : MN
Points : 916
Registration date : 2016-08-09

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Gustafa wrote:
My aim is in a few years to own a Goldwing, the luxury of touring is so alluring.

There was a rumor last year that Honda will eventually bring the Goldwing into the DCT motor - no shifting or the option to shift or manual. That would be incredible.

That WOULD be incredible! Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2162
Age : 75
Location : Medford, Oregon
Points : 5655
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: She's Gone!   Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:14 am

I too have had Goldwings. I put 175,000 miles on my GL1500, and had two GL1800s. There is no other motorcycle that can match them for road trips. True, in close quarters and stop and go traffic they are a big doggy but on the open road unmatched. I don't make long tours anymore, age is adding up, and a maxi scooter works fine for me now. Once in a while though I get nostalgic thinking about riding the slab at 75mph, cruise control on, radio playing and no other noise than the wind.
Back to top Go down
Greysilver
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
avatar

Number of posts : 473
Age : 72
Location : Arizona
Points : 2166
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: yes. yery true   Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:10 pm

GHM-PM wrote:
I also have both a Silver Wing and a GL1800.  Different purposes.  In my case I will probably keep the SWing after the big Wing is gone.  The scooter is so much more fun around town and I really like it on one-up trips ala John Grinsel.  As I get older the 900 pound beast does not get ridden in town much anymore.

I could have written this post. I had a Gold wing and loved it. 10 years and 115,000 miles worth. Now, moving 900 pounds around the garage no longer has appeal. And I don't seem to manage any more mile eaters. Too bad, it was a terrific ride and  great times. Ill keep the Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
 
She's Gone!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: